Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Need some input on tire clearance.

A little info

Wheel size: 16" x 7" offset 40

I am getting close to replacing my BFG SC2 205/45 and I was looking at some Conti DWS in 195/50r16 . My question is will this cause issues with rubbing on a lowered car (1.2" in the front)?
I have been trying to read the specs on tirerack while using a wheel and tire calculator.

Given the section width of the BFG - 8.1" and diameter of 23.2" and if I follow what tirerack has to say adding 2/10" per 1/2", the section width on the Conti is going to be 8.9" on a 7" rim with a diameter of 23.7"

I am no expert, but to me, but the over-all diameter doesn't change much but the section width seems a bit much. What are your thoughts?

all season tires only?
tire patch is key for me, so 225/215/205 is my go to. I can't comment on a dropped car clearance

felopr

Mmmm a 50/16 spec tire with drop might rub, stock height it won't imo but drop it might. Why the dws thought?

OP
VuDoo
Thread Starter #4
all season tires only?
tire patch is key for me, so 225/215/205 is my go to. I can't comment on a dropped car clearance
Tire patch is important to me as well, but being lowered on springs really reduces the options to choose from. I was looking for a little more forgiveness on the roads around here. The 45s helped a lot but wanted to venture out and see if I could get a little taller tire.

Mmmm a 50/16 spec tire with drop might rub, stock height it won't imo but drop it might. Why the dws thought?
It seems when looking for 195/50 you get a lot of all-season options with few UHP, whereas, looking at 205/45 you get the UHP tires and a few all-season. I commute A LOT. I might get on it every now and then and do a little spirited driving, but nothing that really warrants the need for an expensive set of tires that I will blow through in 6 months. I go through a set of tires every year as it is.

Ford Community Posts