Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2017 TPMS Sensors - Which is the Right one?

anticon

Does anyone know what is the correct part number for the TPMS sensors for the 2017 models? I have seen three part numbers in my search of the forum.

DE8T-1A180-AA
9L3T-1A180-AE
9L3Z-1A189-A

I called the local dealership and they quoted me $83.62 for each sensor. Which seems insane considering the tires I want tires cost less than that. But the sensors on ebay that show as matching the 2017 Fiesta ST are the 9L3Z sensors, and those show a list price of $83.62, which makes me think these are the correct ones. The other part numbers seem to be from previous years. Does anyone know for sure what sensors are the correct ones for 2017? At this point I don't think I am going to pay $200 for a set, I will just ignore the warning. Is there any problem with ignoring the warning? Thanks.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Ignoring the warning light only hurts your eyes. My OCD will not let me run long term without sensors. My car is weird in that aftermarket sensors don't seem to work, I had to get OEM for my 16. The price you are showing is about right.

OP
anticon

anticon

Thread Starter #3
Thanks, it sounds like I would want OEM sensors (if you want them to work right the first time) based on what I have seen when searching the forum, but I was prepared to pay $50 for four of them. Not $200. I could almost get a set of springs or my windows tinted for that. I thought the Fiesta ST was a budget sports car, these sensor prices seem to be telling me otherwise.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Sensors are pretty much sensors.. the cost is pretty uniform, from Fiesta to La Ferrari. Kinda like saying the fiesta should consume cheaper gas since its a budget sports car.

OP
anticon

anticon

Thread Starter #5
Thanks that makes sense, its just like most things I don't quite understand why they cost so much if they are mass produced for almost every car on the road.

brbauer2

I've bought several sets on eBay and have had no issues with any of the sensors. Always look for a seller with good ratings and check out the return policy just in case.

Just search Fiesta ST TPMS.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/222776752763
The description has the part#s from the OP.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

OP
anticon

anticon

Thread Starter #7
I looked at the photos on the ebay post from brbauer2 and it led me to Schrader website. Their current online catalog goes to 2016, the part numbers change in 2016 from "9L3Z1A189A, CM5T 1A180 AA, DE8T-1A180-AA, DE8T1A180AA" to just "DE8T1A180AA" which is the Schrader part number 33500. According to the catalog 33500 replaces part numbers 33000,33100, and 33200.

http://www.schraderinternational.com/_/media/Schrader/Files/Document%20Library%20PDFs/North%20America/NA-Schrader-TPMS-Application-Catalog.pdf

felopr

tasca parts gives me this for that year: 9L3Z-1A189-A, 50ish each
rock auto same: 9L3Z-1A189-A or tpms12, 45ish each

i think the important part is that you buy for the same frequency, fiesta is 315mhz

OP
anticon

anticon

Thread Starter #9
Well I bought a set of these DE8T's off of ebay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/181749264345 There were more reviews and more sold, and the listing specifically mentioned newer batteries. They also listed both part numbers So hopefully they work. I'll post once I get them installed. I bought a programmer too.

Does anyone know if you can program the TPMS without being installed or under pressure? So I can test them before they get installed?

OP
anticon

anticon

Thread Starter #10
These are the same sensors I recently purchased. Glad to see someone else was able to get them to work. Just ordered the reset tool. I did not think I would need it, but I guessed wrong. Small investment for the winter to summer shift in tires and rims...