Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Interesting torque curve, need help

Hi gents.

Im new to the forum. i drive a 2013 FiST with 133k km on the ODO, Mountune High Flow Filer, and a catback exhaust.
car is also running some pretty impressive stage 2 sw.

please see the dyno graph below (dyno is about 10wkw stingy).

The blue line is my friends FiST (exact same mods) with the exact same tune, and the red line is my curve.
see how my car is capped at 300Nm? WHY?????? i dont have boost leaks (checked), car is holding 1.3bar untill just past 5k rpm.
my car also has new FoMoCo plugs fitted.

Has anyone of you ever seen a FiST's torque being capped like this? and what was your solution?

Thanks in advance
ChriSTiaan

felopr

1.3bar isnt kind of low?
here in the US we running like 1.4 to 1.45 with your mods, even more
idk how the tuning strategy is over there but only thing that can hold power like that is something in the tuning
either load targets are low, wgdc, or boost targets

OP
C
Thread Starter #3
1.3bar isnt kind of low?
idk how the tuning strategy is over there but only thing that can hold power like that is something in the tuning
Hi, thanks for the reply.
what i ment with holding 1.3bar, is that @ 5.5k rpm that is the actual boost im still seeing.
@3k rpm i also spike to about 1.5 bar, but our turbos are wayyy too small to hold that kind of boost all the way through the rev range.

OP
C
Thread Starter #4
1.3bar isnt kind of low?
Update, i spoke to my tuner now. he said he'll take a look at the engine load targets. do you maybe know if those targets changed from 2013 to 2016 models?

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Update, i spoke to my tuner now. he said he'll take a look at the engine load targets. do you maybe know if those targets changed from 2013 to 2016 models?
I'm pretty sure that, other than a change in the head to address some hotspot issues, the engines are the same. They should put out the same power. Maybe your tuner will be able to figure out what's going on.

OP
C
Thread Starter #6
I'm pretty sure that, other than a change in the head to address some hotspot issues, the engines are the same. They should put out the same power. Maybe your tuner will be able to figure out what's going on.
yeah i cant afford for my car to just sit there (he is quite far away) while he takes his time to see whats going on. he did however mention he will take a look this weekend and see if my engine loads have been previosly lowered.

will keep you guys posted

felopr

Not really, load target are diferent from tuner to tuner, it all depends what fuel are you using and what performance mods you have (aftermarket fmic for example) . You should compare ur friends wgdc vs yours, that is if you can log them

OP
C
Thread Starter #8
So i did some log runs (2), and i saw my car was pulling timing just at peak boost? normlal?

felopr

So i did some log runs (2), and i saw my car was pulling timing just at peak boost? normlal?
if you have knock is going to pull timing, so yeah, it is normal imo if it had a knock count that time

felopr

well then its knocking everytime i do a pull :/
im running 95 octane fuel as well...
MMmm right, you are EU spec
well i dont know what to tell you to be sincere
maybe the EU and USD timing logic is the same
talk to your tuner

OP
C
Thread Starter #12
MMmm right, you are EU spec
well i dont know what to tell you to be sincere
maybe the EU and USD timing logic is the same
talk to your tuner
alright thanks.
yeah sent him the logs, he said he'll take a look.
we're also gonna do some log runs on my friends ST (the one making 330Nm) to see what his timing is doing.

ill keep you posted :)