Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Engine over heating?

Dennis N

Hi, new to this, but I have a question regarding engine overheating. We were traveling near Palm Springs last summer and climbing a long fairly steep grade and the engine overheated and went to limp home mode. I stopped and let the engine cool and started out again. The temp was on the high side but did no overheat. The outside temp was in the 90's. I live in Oregon and do not have temps like that. I took the ST to my dealer and he replaced the thermostat, per factory direction. My question is do I need to be careful about outside temps? Has anyone else had this problem? Does anybody have input for me?

codestp202

Yeah, easiest fix is getting a bigger rad, or running a lower content coolant/water. I use 25% coolant, 75% distilled water, and a bottle of water wetter thrown in. If you're on the stock intercooler that doesn't help either. But I have a bigger rad, an oil cooler, and bigger intercooler and I can run half hour track sessions with no heat issues.

Ford Community Posts