Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Help deciding coilover for autocross use.

I had bc racing coil overs from 2jr. Mine were with Bc springs not Swifts, but with the increased spring rates he recommends. Absolutely loved them on the track. Pretty rough on the street, livable, but rough. If ride isn't an issue for you I'd recommend them. You can pick any spring rate you want, even go super stiff and copy the eibach spring rates from the B-spec kit if you wanted.

codestp202

What are the rates for the 2j spec?
Do the bc's have camber adjustment?

OP
P

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #23
What are the rates for the 2j spec?
Do the bc's have camber adjustment?

You can pick your specs. And yes they have camber plates. They recommend 6k front 4K rear for what I'm looking for or if want little more tail happy step up to 5k rear.

codestp202

You can pick your specs. And yes they have camber plates. They recommend 6k front 4K rear for what I'm looking for or if want little more tail happy step up to 5k rear.
There is a 2j racing spec on his website; that's what I was wondering. When you see the dropdown menu, you can pick any spring rate you want or pick the 2j racing spec.

I figure 6k and 5k would be good then you can get the rear end to rotate really well.

Edit: I was also thinking, the 5k might be overkill on my car since there is nothing in the rear. Might be oversprung with almost no weight back there.

I believe mine were 6k front 4k rear. And mine didn't come with camber plates. Instead, one of the lower bolt holes where the knuckle connects was notched to allow camber adjustment.

OP
P

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #26
I believe mine were 6k front 4k rear. And mine didn't come with camber plates. Instead, one of the lower bolt holes where the knuckle connects was notched to allow camber adjustment.
Really? Fiesta must be one of models they don't have camber plates??? I had bc coilovers on other car in past and came with. I really don't believe need them as can get enough out of slotted bottom strut holes. I'd rather not have something like camber plates to wear out and make noise etc.