Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2j Racing Cowl Intake - Performance Info

Some interesting info on the 2j intake. Info is from data logs taken on the same tune. Both logs were done in same temps and humidity a day apart in South Florida. I searched for a long time for any real-world tests and data and couldn't find any so I decided to do it myself. Hope this helps anyone interested in the performance aspects of this intake.

Mod list at the time:
Whoosh FMIC
MBRP Hot Side Pipe
GFB DV+
1-Step Colder Plugs
Ramair Drop-In filter
2j Racing catless downpipe
Muffler & Resonator deletes
JST Performance 93 Tuned

Stock intake with ramair drop-in filter: 6005 rpms 15.76 psi, 11.76 a/f, 98.4 degree charge air temps, 84.22 degree intake temps

2jr intake: 6019 rpms: 17.12 psi, 11.76 a/f, 91.9 degree charge air temps, 78.1 degree intake temps

5800 rpms: 16.69 vs 18.18 psi (i usually shifted around here on 93 octane)

6200 rpms: 14.97 vs 16.6 psi.

wgdc%

Stock Intake:
5800 - 84.22
6000 - 84.22
6200 - 84.12

2jr Intake
5800 - 79.37
6000 - 80.07
6200 - 80.74

The vdyno showed gains down low and then from 4700-redline was between 8-10 whp. This could be felt.

Last edited:

A7xogg

Some interesting info on the 2j intake. Info is from data logs taken on the same tune. Both logs were done in same temps and humidity a day apart in South Florida. I searched for a long time for any real-world tests and data and couldn't find any so I decided to do it myself. Hope this helps anyone interested in the performance aspects of this intake.

Mod list at the time:
Whoosh FMIC
MBRP Hot Side Pipe
1-Step Colder Plugs
Ramair Drop-In filter
2j Racing catless downpipe
Muffler & Resonator deletes
JST Performance 93 Tuned

Stock intake with ramair drop-in filter: 6005 rpms 15.76 psi, 11.76 a/f, 98.4 degree charge air temps, 84.22 degree intake temps

2jr intake: 6019 rpms: 17.12 psi, 11.76 a/f, 91.9 degree charge air temps, 78.1 degree intake temps

5800 rpms: 16.69 vs 18.18 psi (i usually shifted around here on 93 octane)

6200 rpms: 14.97 vs 16.6 psi.

wgdc%

Stock Intake:
5800 - 84.22
6000 - 84.22
6200 - 84.12

2jr Intake
5800 - 79.37
6000 - 80.07
6200 - 80.74

The vdyno showed gains down low and then from 4700-redline was between 8-10 whp. This could be felt.
Good stuff, I wish more people would do these test with other intakes so we can get on from the fact that the stock intake has plenty of gains to be made switching to aftermarket. And ftw for jstuned. Brian is the man

OP
irocjackson
Thread Starter #3
For sure. I hate how there are so many claims out there but no evidence to back it up. I figured I’d share with the community.

And yes! JST FTW

A7xogg

For sure. I hate how there are so many claims out there but no evidence to back it up. I figured I’d share with the community.

And yes! JST FTW
how much did the air flow meter change? im 100% its more with the 2jr because the higher boost and lower wgdc

OP
irocjackson
Thread Starter #5
I will have to apologize here. I had answered this question before, but I can't find the info. The problem is, my portable hard drive with all of this info on it just crashed...

If I am able to recover the date, I will try to get back to you about this. I do know it was better, but I do not want to make any claims without the data in front of me. (I copied the info above from a FaceBook post I had done).

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I love the idea of that intake. Problem is, I'm worried about water getting down in there then being sucked up and noise lvl. I know it's a wonderful noise. But I can't for the life of me remember if anyone had any luck with sound deadening. I daily my car rain or shine on a fairly far commute.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

OP
irocjackson
Thread Starter #9
I live in South Florida. It rains a lot here. I also daily my car and have personally never had an issue with rain water getting in there. As far as sound, I haven't bothered with it myself. Perhaps others have.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I live in South Florida. It rains a lot here. I also daily my car and have personally never had an issue with rain water getting in there. As far as sound, I haven't bothered with it myself. Perhaps others have.
How hard is it to hold a phone conversation? Could I bother you for a short video maybe going up hill with a regular load on the car?

How hard is it to hold a phone conversation? Could I bother you for a short video maybe going up hill with a regular load on the car?

I daily with mine and talk daily on my drive into work. It can be difficult when you get on it, but other than that it's not really an issue

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I daily with mine and talk daily on my drive into work. It can be difficult when you get on it, but other than that it's not really an issue
I have really liked the design of it for a while now and how simple it is. I may pull the trigger on one.

OP
irocjackson
Thread Starter #13
To be honest, your phone becomes pretty much unusable with the intake. I could take a video for you, but they would be the same as the others on youtube. (I also don't have any hills down here in flat country). The problem with the videos is that they really do not capture it all. I watched those videos and it really didn't capture how this thing really sounds. Similar to listening to exhaust videos. They sound completely different in person. you may be able to talk to someone if you are holding the phone on the highway, but just driving you won't. The Bluetooth is out of the picture. But, it makes power lol

OP
irocjackson
Thread Starter #14
They do yield power gains. They do what they are made for. All performance. If that is your build design, you will love it.

Good stuff, I wish more people would do these test with other intakes so we can get on from the fact that the stock intake has plenty of gains to be made switching to aftermarket. And ftw for jstuned. Brian is the man
I'm in the market for a new intake soon. Can these measurements be made with just an AP, or do I need to dyno?

I'm new to cars, but I'd love to help the community by gathering some data.

Do you have any intake suggestions? I've been looking at injen since they seem well priced.

OP
irocjackson
Thread Starter #16
I used my accessport for this data. It is actually pretty simple to do, which is why it is a little frustrating that more people aren't comparing info and data and sharing with the community.

As far as intakes, I am not sure about any other intake besides the 2j. I had a drop-in filter before this one. I have never messed with any other intake. I have also never seen any data backing up any claims from any other intake. Honestly, most of the guys in my group are running the induction hoses like whoosh with a drop-in filter.

I used my accessport for this data. It is actually pretty simple to do, which is why it is a little frustrating that more people aren't comparing info and data and sharing with the community.

As far as intakes, I am not sure about any other intake besides the 2j. I had a drop-in filter before this one. I have never messed with any other intake. I have also never seen any data backing up any claims from any other intake. Honestly, most of the guys in my group are running the induction hoses like whoosh with a drop-in filter.
That's the one thing I found lacking on this forum.

I haven't done any tuning but I was planning to post my datalogs and show some comparisons between mods and the tuning process.
I think a lot of people are just interested in the end game rather than how you get there.

OP
irocjackson
Thread Starter #18
For sure. It is valuable info. Just want to try to be as accurate as possible. Try to do logs in the same temps and weather to make comparisons. Honestly, this is valuable info to the community

Hmm. I have a K&N Drop in right now because I wanted to hear that induction so quickly after I got my car.

I'm curious to the gains of an induction hose and drop-in vs a new cold air intake.

Maybe I'll get the induction hose now, log it, then log a new cold air intake to see how they compare.

OP
irocjackson
Thread Starter #20
There are a lot of people out there who would like to have that info. do your 1st log as you are, 2nd log after the induction hose, and then you have something to compare the new intake to. This will show any gains made by the mods if there are any.