Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2j Racing Cowl Intake - Performance Info

Kinda of a bummer. I've had all three drop in filter, then chopped up intake box, to injen intake and now open 2JR intake, like seriously, I've removed most of the cowl to have it exposed. Love the sound and I can't say I've noticed too much of a difference in between tunes.

A7xogg

So does anyone have and air flowmeter lb/mn stock intake logs for a jstuned fiesta to compare to my mishimotto intake? Hopefully we have similar weather so it will be an accurate comparison

felopr

So does anyone have and air flowmeter lb/mn stock intake logs for a jstuned fiesta to compare to my mishimotto intake? Hopefully we have similar weather so it will be an accurate comparison
If you are on stock turbo, you probably wont see more than 21 or 22 lb/min no matter what intake you have since the stock turbo cant flow anything more

felopr

i am really liking the ramair crossover/induction hose/ ramair panel filter combo. I have a st200 box and velossa tech ramair as well.
i have tried the panel filter and induction hose first and they didnt do anything imo, the stock crossover pipe was holding any performance gained from those items. once you install the crossover pipe the car better
I can feel the car is not struggling for air (intake ) until you are in the 5.5k rpm but that is because the turbo cant flow anything more

A7xogg

If you are on stock turbo, you probably wont see more than 21 or 22 lb/min no matter what intake you have since the stock turbo cant flow anything more
That is what mine was flowing before my wastegate upgrade. Now it's 23 around 5k or so and rises past 24 to redline with boost dropping and the wgdc dropping.

felopr

That is what mine was flowing before my wastegate upgrade. Now it's 23 around 5k or so and rises past 24 to redline with boost dropping and the wgdc dropping.
that is cheating right there lol
yeah, with the stock wastegate is around 21-22. with the iwg75 is going to held better boost up top so that is why the increased mass airflow

A7xogg

that is cheating right there lol
yeah, with the stock wastegate is around 21-22. with the iwg75 is going to held better boost up top so that is why the increased mass airflow
I mean I don't make any more boost than I did, I just hold it for much longer, like 22-23 psi from 3-5500k rpm or so

felopr

I mean I don't make any more boost than I did, I just hold it for much longer, like 22-23 psi from 3-5500k rpm or so
i understand
what tune you running? tune+?

felopr

Jst performance. How do you like your charge pipes?
To be sincere, yeah i like them.
Is a quality piece, one of the few mishimoto parts worth buying for our cars.
For the money you are paying, is only worth it if you buy both the cold and the hot. hot is too expensive to buy alone + also there are cheaper options. And for the money you pay for the cold alone, you might as well buy a cpe exhale imo. I also got them on a sale, so it was sweet.
I always think that making the charge flow as free flowing as posible helps alot.
The hot side with that 120+ degree bend by the turbo outlet, going with a bigger pipes help flow better
The stock cold pipe has a lot of small bends but the bad part is, if you had look inside the pipe, is really has a pourus surface, bad for flow. Not much of a selection to look for on a cold pipe that is complete from the fmic to the throttle body onless you go custom.
The pipes come with turbo clamps, the lips are bead rolled, mandrel bend,silicone couplings 5ply,silicone hose for the symposer, you can still use the symposer if you like, if you dont want to just use the plug that comes with it. Is great
That is my take on it

A7xogg

To be sincere, yeah i like them.
Is a quality piece, one of the few mishimoto parts worth buying for our cars.
For the money you are paying, is only worth it if you buy both the cold and the hot. hot is too expensive to buy alone + also there are cheaper options. And for the money you pay for the cold alone, you might as well buy a cpe exhale imo. I also got them on a sale, so it was sweet.
I always think that making the charge flow as free flowing as posible helps alot.
The hot side with that 120+ degree bend by the turbo outlet, going with a bigger pipes help flow better
The stock cold pipe has a lot of small bends but the bad part is, if you had look inside the pipe, is really has a pourus surface, bad for flow. Not much of a selection to look for on a cold pipe that is complete from the fmic to the throttle body onless you go custom.
The pipes come with turbo clamps, the lips are bead rolled, mandrel bend,silicone couplings 5ply,silicone hose for the symposer, you can still use the symposer if you like, if you dont want to just use the plug that comes with it. Is great
That is my take on it
So thats why on their r and d blog about the dyno they said the cold side got more hp and tq gain and a longer gain with the cold side. Thanks for your take!

OP
irocjackson
Thread Starter #32
Update

OK so I will update on the air flow. LB/MIN

This was on 93 octane and stock wga.

5820 RPM: 21.54 lb/ min
5997 RPM: 21.56 lb/ min
6212 RPM: 21.68 lb/ min

Now, on e40 and a wga,

5800 RPM: 23.02 lb/ min
6006 RPM: 23.34 lb/ min
6207 RPM: 23.88 lb/ min
6419 RPM: 24.18 lb/ min

However, I shift around 6k. I only run the car past that for logging.

JST Tuned

A7xogg

OK so I will update on the air flow. LB/MIN

This was on 93 octane and stock wga.

5820 RPM: 21.54 lb/ min
5997 RPM: 21.56 lb/ min
6212 RPM: 21.68 lb/ min

Now, on e40 and a wga,

5800 RPM: 23.02 lb/ min
6006 RPM: 23.34 lb/ min
6207 RPM: 23.88 lb/ min
6419 RPM: 24.18 lb/ min

However, I shift around 6k. I only run the car past that for logging.

JST Tuned
Well Josh, our cars produce almost the same exact lb/man numbers for both figures. So yeah in gonna throw this out here that intakes see gains with tuning( though using a closed box with stock snorkel will see stock numbers because ur using a small inlet of air)

felopr

With my current mods i am seeing 22's mass airflow by 5k. Strat flash tune 93 no revisions.
For comparison sake
Ps: running stock bpv

A7xogg

not really, the intake help some, especially the crossover pipe. Before changing it, i was touching the 22 barely
Well the motor is a air pump, so if you change one part of the system it might not make any difference because you have the rest of the system that is mentioned to flow this amount of air. Like if I change my charge pipes, crossover pipe, and leave my stock intake box with stock inlet, the car is only gonna be able to pull the same amount of air through that stock air box. Now with boost you can just up the wgdc and get the turbo spinning more but you don't wanna stress the turbo out for no reason. Seems the crossover pipe that you replaced is also limited and a restriction when you have everything else.

felopr

Well the motor is a air pump, so if you change one part of the system it might not make any difference because you have the rest of the system that is mentioned to flow this amount of air. Like if I change my charge pipes, crossover pipe, and leave my stock intake box with stock inlet, the car is only gonna be able to pull the same amount of air through that stock air box. Now with boost you can just up the wgdc and get the turbo spinning more but you don't wanna stress the turbo out for no reason. Seems the crossover pipe that you replaced is also limited and a restriction when you have everything else.
yeah. waiting for dizzy tuning to do their dyno comparison interchanging intake components to see if there any gains.
Should be a interesting read

A7xogg

yeah. waiting for dizzy tuning to do their dyno comparison interchanging intake components to see if there any gains.
Should be a interesting read
Yeah I'm also waiting on that. Hopefully they log all the data and post each intake with all the data

TemecFist

Howndidnyou
Some interesting info on the 2j intake. Info is from data logs taken on the same tune. Both logs were done in same temps and humidity a day apart in South Florida. I searched for a long time for any real-world tests and data and couldn't find any so I decided to do it myself. Hope this helps anyone interested in the performance aspects of this intake.

Mod list at the time:
Whoosh FMIC
MBRP Hot Side Pipe
GFB DV+
1-Step Colder Plugs
Ramair Drop-In filter
2j Racing catless downpipe
Muffler & Resonator deletes
JST Performance 93 Tuned

Stock intake with ramair drop-in filter: 6005 rpms 15.76 psi, 11.76 a/f, 98.4 degree charge air temps, 84.22 degree intake temps

2jr intake: 6019 rpms: 17.12 psi, 11.76 a/f, 91.9 degree charge air temps, 78.1 degree intake temps

5800 rpms: 16.69 vs 18.18 psi (i usually shifted around here on 93 octane)

6200 rpms: 14.97 vs 16.6 psi.

wgdc%

Stock Intake:
5800 - 84.22
6000 - 84.22
6200 - 84.12

2jr Intake
5800 - 79.37
6000 - 80.07
6200 - 80.74

The vdyno showed gains down low and then from 4700-redline was between 8-10 whp. This could be felt.
How did you extend your MAF wires?