Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Quick DIY fix for front bumper/hood underbite after FMIC install

jeff

2000 Post Club
I was reading another thread yesterday and realized that many of us have this issue after FMIC and/or big mouth install - the bumper cover doesn't quite fit correctly, there is a gap and it looks like an underbite or a barracuda sort of because the bumper cover sticks out a bit more than it should. I was at a car meet yesterday and I've noticed 4 different STs locally that have this issue. So it's common.

To fix this problem you can use zip ties to pull the bumper up a bit, eliminating the gap and making the bumper even with the hood once again. I did this a few months ago and it worked well.

For the picture below I used yellow zip ties to point to the areas where I actually used black zip ties, 2 for extra strength in 2 different places is all you need.

Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki

DaveG99

I dont think I have this problem. At least I dont notice it. And I'm pretty anal about my car

I have this issue, i will try this. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PhoenixM3

I was reading another thread yesterday and realized that many of us have this issue after FMIC and/or big mouth install - the bumper cover doesn't quite fit correctly, there is a gap and it looks like an underbite or a barracuda sort of because the bumper cover sticks out a bit more than it should. I was at a car meet yesterday and I've noticed 4 different STs locally that have this issue. So it's common.

To fix this problem you can use zip ties to pull the bumper up a bit, eliminating the gap and making the bumper even with the hood once again. I did this a few months ago and it worked well.

For the picture below I used yellow zip ties to point to the areas where I actually used black zip ties, 2 for extra strength in 2 different places is all you need.

Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
It looks like you’ve disabled your hood’s prop rod with the left tie wraps....

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I can see this being an issue with the earlier gen big mouths but why a bigger FMIC?

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
I can see this being an issue with the earlier gen big mouths but why a bigger FMIC?
Some of them fit pretty tight and don't allow the bumper to sit the way it did before installed.

What intercooler are people running that pushes the bumper out so far? My DEPO was a tight fit underneath but I left out one of the lower support brackets. Bumper fits fine and no underbite [dunno]

Sekred

1000 Post Club

Hosted on Fotki
Hosted on Fotki
Thats interesting, the Euro version uses Torx screws.

IMG_2651.JPG

Last edited:
It sounds like the Depo FMIC might require some fiddling to get it to fit. Does anyone know if the Whoosh FMIC is an easy bolt-in where all OEM parts and fasteners can be used without panel alignment issues?