Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tell us about your previous hot hatches

Is that a new color this (final?) year, or is it one of the Special Edition colors, along with the front axle LSD?
That’s the one, I’m going to drive it Saturday. The salesman who sold me my fist called me and I went in big mistake number 1 but it’s msrp and the head etc has already been done to the latest spec

Have had a bunch of hatches and 4/6 cylinder turbo cars.. but only one I would consider a hot hatch. Owned an 04 svtf for 4 months or so.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Are the '93 Cobra SVT style wheels on the Stang 4 bolts, or did you convert the hubs to 5 bolt (unless they are something else entirely, and my ancient eyes are going REALLY bad)?

LOVE the co-driver foot rest in that first Focus, and I had one of those charcoal suede Sparco shift knobs in my 4th gen Z28 as well (along with a Sparco mod 383 suede wheel)! [coolsmile] [thumb]
(I even have a set of those same red Sabelt harness pads for 3" wide harness straps!)
I have a set of 4 1995 Cobra R wheels and a pair of '95 Cobra R wheels and '98 Cobra wheels that I use on the car. They are all 5-bolt. The front uses SN95 Mach1 spindles and hubs, Brembo rotors, and Mach1/Cobra calipers (they are the same as the Cobra, just don't have the letters in the casting). The rear uses Ranger axles with custom drilled Thunderbird turbo coupe rotors and calipers.

I had the same Sparco Lap5 wheel in both my Mustang and Focus. Really love that wheel! The footrest was also from Sparco and something I really liked in the car. The shift knob changed between the Sparco suede, a carbon fiber from someplace, and a 2003 Focus RS. The RS knob now sits on display on my entertainment center. I think that and the European Focus grille are all that remain of that car. There is one video that my brother and I made of the car, but it doesn't have any car sounds because it was all wind noise and we were just getting started in filming. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4OIt-qNtw0

OP
XR650R

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #28
That’s the one, I’m going to drive it Saturday. The salesman who sold me my fist called me and I went in big mistake number 1 but it’s msrp and the head etc has already been done to the latest spec
That or a Bullitt? Decisions, decisions...

One of the reasons I didn't get a Mustang or a Challenger with the big motor is because you can't use all that power on the street. You'd need a racetrack to feel like you were using the power those bad boys make. Endless frustration.

2008.5 MazdaSpeed3. Started as a daily, went to race car after blowing the motor. Made around 590whp/450wtq on on a baby soft tune of 33psi.

She was... a handful.
I like how some of us have moved from the Mazdaspeed world to the Ford ST world.

My 450hp MS6 doesn't hold a candle to your build but at least it gets traction lol...

Also had a fully bolted w/tune stock motor + turbo MS3 (300hp/350tq) before I started my MS6 build.

Last edited:
Wasn’t very hot, but my first hatch was an ‘83 Tercel. Tricked it out and it was a right proper chick magnet.

I like how some of us have moved from the Mazdaspeed world to the Ford ST world.

My 450hp MS6 doesn't hold a candle to your build but at least it gets traction lol...

Also had a fully bolted w/tune stock motor + turbo MS3 (300hp/350tq) before I started my MS6 build.

On a warmish day I could get very very close to hooking 2nd gear on a 245 Nitto NT01. It still pulled real hard when it was spinning though so it was insane even then. A day below 62 degrees or so though expect to tap the limiter before even realizing you've hit boost lol

(filmed in Mexico I guess)
[video]https://youtu.be/jp7fhnJVSXs[/video]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
That or a Bullitt? Decisions, decisions...

One of the reasons I didn't get a Mustang or a Challenger with the big motor is because you can't use all that power on the street. You'd need a racetrack to feel like you were using the power those bad boys make. Endless frustration.
The Bullitt is sweet, but I would still have to go for the RS. ;)
Now, a GT350/350R on the other hand... [driving] [burnout]

One can drive a powerful, but great handling, V-8 RWD ride as a daily driver on the streets by just using a little bit of restraint, and taking advantage of that bottom end torque 'punch' to 'point and squirt', and use the power-ON rotation at times when there are no LEOs to be found.
Yes, it is a little frustrating at times to not be able to fully 'top end' it out, but it WAS still fun to get up to the 45 MPH and under, not highway surface street limits quicker than most else out there, and especially the big turbo imports which were barely 'coming on boost' by the time legal speed limits are realized.
I know, as I did it for almost 20 years in a 4th gen LS1 Z28. [:)]