Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Now... Automatic window down?

So I have this cool feature on my car. While using auto window down, if I hit a big enough dip or bump, magically my window will start going back up. /End sarcasm. So is anyone else in the community finding this happening to their FiST?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I have experienced it before. I didn't really look into it yet, but I believe it is because of the car seeing the shock as a window obstruction and caused the anti-pinch function to kick in and thus making the window go back down on its own. I would say it is normal if the window is working fine any other times. It does seem to me that our window regulators are not too good, because when I drive around with the window slightly opened or half way down and I am on a rough terrain, all 4 windows make a clunking noise. When I checked the windows for excessive play, there isn't really any, so I dunno if it is just me [dunno]. I am going to have to dealer ship looking into it again before the end of my warranty tho.

So I have this cool feature on my car. While using auto window down, if I hit a big enough dip or bump, magically my window will start going back up. /End sarcasm. So is anyone else in the community finding this happening to their FiST?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Experienced this yesterday putting the window down. Interested to know if it's just the anti-pinch function misbehaving.