Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

OCC hoses weeping oil...

Have @ 25K on everyone's favorite oil catch can and I seem to have some crying hoses.

Both hoses seem to weep oil to the outside after a couple weeks of being wiped clean. They never get heavy enough to drip, but are covered with thousands of little droplets.

Anyone else seen this?

Thanks ahead.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Mishi or Damond??

The Mishi's hoses are supposedly silicone, don't know the quality level though.

The Damond uses EPDM(?)/OEM radiator/emissions hose type material.

I have the same problem with my Mishi. There are times I get a gas/oil smell in the cabin from it. Once it warms up outside I plan on wiping everything clean and then re-tightening all the clamps.

felopr

pics?
what occ?
is kinda funny the mishi when with silicone hoses yet you are not supose to run oil thru silicone...

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Same problem here too. The hoses look like they got mist sprayed on them but never drip and I have alot of miles on mine. Oh and I also get that going into cabin and outside. My dumbass never attributed the smell to that though.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Just looked at damond motorsports occ and its nice. I think I'll be picking one up. Anyone have discount codes for damond?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Seriously? Does Mishi really have a bunch of engineers doing work or they put out half-assed products just for pleasure? First the intake problem for 2016+ that is still not fixed, then the occ bracket and now the hoses that are in a material that should not be used for this application. What's next, trouble with their radiator?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
But everyone favorite is the damon occ, you got me confused right there
SOOOO glad I got the Damond now, and even more glad I did not convert it to the Mishi silicone hose/connector setup like I was originally planning to do. [:)]

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Seriously? Does Mishi really have a bunch of engineers doing work or they put out half-assed products just for pleasure? First the intake problem for 2016+ that is still not fixed, then the occ bracket and now the hoses that are in a material that should not be used for this application. What's next, trouble with their radiator?
If you check with the BBB they have had many radiator complaints. I don't think they have any automotive engineers, possibly sanitation engineers. They draw pics on a bar napkin and fax it to China then let the customers test it. Then repeat and repeat and repeat....

felopr

SOOOO glad I got the Damond now, and even more glad I did not convert it to the Mishi silicone hose/connector setup like I was originally planning to do. [:)]
well, to be sincere, i dont know what mishimoto was thinking when they think using silicone hoses for oil vapor when clearly one of the main warning of using silicone hoses is that it cant be use for anything oil related because of the photo :/

felopr

from mishimoto, the only thing that i think is really good is the charge pipes
and maybe the induction hose, if it wasnt that expensive