Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ethanol Content Gauge - suggestion and feeler thread

Trader history for Jason@dizzytuning (0)

OP
J
Thread Starter #62
Copied from Facebook:

I want to thank all you Fiesta guys for your patience with our upcoming Ethanol Content Gauge. We did some more test fitting with the fuel lines and sensor this weekend, and thought it was time to share some photos before it’s release!!

We are still a few weeks out, but I will be reaching out to people for testing and also be offering a pre-order sale for the first production run.

1CD4766D-6914-4805-BDE9-4F98BFBE312F.jpeg 249609D1-1679-43BB-B5D5-993228BB50F5.jpeg 3DA91ACE-9712-457C-ACD0-540E26E89820.jpeg 2F49F684-ACB1-4A44-AE32-6FE33417CD18.jpeg C6C24260-3951-4B50-89AD-BA113D738E05.jpeg FDDCF9F5-1673-4C05-B40D-56C417D750DC.jpeg 23BD49C5-2B97-48F2-B6E5-B9D8E64416B9.jpeg 0D8D4210-ED5F-4171-8C70-E109A779D437.jpeg

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Any progress? I checked FB too but didn’t see anything.

OP
J
Thread Starter #68
Any progress? I checked FB too but didn’t see anything.
Sorry for the lack of updates. I was sick the last 10 days with an awful bug that knocked the hell out of me. I am finally now catching up on emails. Sorry guys.

The pc board has gone through a few revisions and is in the process of getting its final layout. Then the boards go on order and assembly begins. I will be reaching out to my testers as soon as those are ready to release for testing. The fuel lines have really made things more difficult too. The original design used a straight line that needed a slight bend. I was not happy with the bend, as there was potential for leaks. I have a solution and am waiting for one last fitting to test and then it is going in the test car for real world testing. :)

I know you might have wanted more progress and I apologize. I’m not sure if many of you know this, but I am a one man show. I do all the tuning, dyno tuning, testing, r&d, advertising, emailing, questions, new product development, building my website, learning new platforms, etc. AND I do all this on nights and weekends. It’ll be worth the wait though guys!

Sorry for the lack of updates. I was sick the last 10 days with an awful bug that knocked the hell out of me. I am finally now catching up on emails. Sorry guys.

The pc board has gone through a few revisions and is in the process of getting its final layout. Then the boards go on order and assembly begins. I will be reaching out to my testers as soon as those are ready to release for testing. The fuel lines have really made things more difficult too. The original design used a straight line that needed a slight bend. I was not happy with the bend, as there was potential for leaks. I have a solution and am waiting for one last fitting to test and then it is going in the test car for real world testing. :)

I know you might have wanted more progress and I apologize. I’m not sure if many of you know this, but I am a one man show. I do all the tuning, dyno tuning, testing, r&d, advertising, emailing, questions, new product development, building my website, learning new platforms, etc. AND I do all this on nights and weekends. It’ll be worth the wait though guys!
Well seeing how this is all on top of your normal workload I have to commend you for putting in the time and effort to make the whole E-fueling easier for everyone. Appreciate the update. Look forward to seeing more updates especially with these final few revisions. Good work man.

OP
J
Thread Starter #73
Unfortunately, no real updates to share at this time.
Still working out any kinks that arise and trying to get cost as low as possible for you guys.

OP
J
Thread Starter #74
Ethanol Content Gauge Update:

The first run of pc boards have arrived, and one will be installed in the test Fiesta this week. As long as everything goes to plan, I will continue fabbing up the display panel and bring that to fruition! The board only takes a 12v input, ground and the ethanol sensor signal. This gauge is going to be a piece of cake to install!

I also have a few underhood sensor install kits, that I would like to get out for testing in the real world. If you have a 2014-2015 Fiesta, and would like to be a beta tester, please shoot me an email me at jason@dizzytuning.com.

I also just want to apologize for all the delays on this gauge guys, I really appreciate all your patience! I promise it’s going to be worth it!

Attachments

XanRules

Ethanol Content Gauge Update:

The first run of pc boards have arrived, and one will be installed in the test Fiesta this week. As long as everything goes to plan, I will continue fabbing up the display panel and bring that to fruition! The board only takes a 12v input, ground and the ethanol sensor signal. This gauge is going to be a piece of cake to install!

I also have a few underhood sensor install kits, that I would like to get out for testing in the real world. If you have a 2014-2015 Fiesta, and would like to be a beta tester, please shoot me an email me at jason@dizzytuning.com.

I also just want to apologize for all the delays on this gauge guys, I really appreciate all your patience! I promise it’s going to be worth it!
Hi Jason,

Is this not gonna work for the 16+ guys, 14-15 only? Apologies if this was mentioned in the thread already and I missed it.

OP
J
Thread Starter #76
Hi Jason,

Is this not gonna work for the 16+ guys, 14-15 only? Apologies if this was mentioned in the thread already and I missed it.
Legitimate question, I should have been more clear.
The kits will work with 2014-2018 Fiesta ST. My test vehicle is a 2016. I am looking for a 2014-2015 vehicle to verify fuel line fitment, as 14-15 lines are different than 16+ vehicles.

OP
J
Thread Starter #80
I'll try to update you guys as best I can, as well as a rundown on the basics of the pod, if some of you are curious.

The pc board enclosure that I posted previously will be enclosed in a 3D printed "pod". The OLED display will secure to the front face of the pod. A lexan (or similar) faceplate will then adhere over the front face, with the display showing through a clear window. This assembly will then slide into the cubby in front of the shifter, and be held in with a screw in the back. The harness will also exit a hole in the rear of the cubby.

Other updates:

Fuel line and ethanol sensor kits have gone out to some testers, and they have been working great over the last few weeks/months.
Harnesses and displays will go in the test vehicles as soon as the final boards arrive and are assembled.
The pc board will be getting ordered this week with any design changes added, and this will be the final production board.
The graphics for the faceplate is in work, and that should be getting ordered shortly.

For now, I'll leave you all with a photo, showing the attention to detail I am putting into this gauge for you guys!

font.jpg