Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Help with my SYNC 3 update 1.0 to 2.3 please

D

DragonSSCC

Hi guys!

recently I bought mi Fiesta and it came with SYNC 3 v1.0, No Nav. Everything worked fine with it, media player, bluetooth, usb, etc. So one day I decided to register into the Ford website and on the SYNC section it said that there was an update available for my car. I thougt "cool, let's install it!!", so I downloaded the firmware, put it into a 32GB Sandisk thumbdrive (empty, FAT32 formatted), put it in the USB port of the car and the installation went well... or so it said on the screen (rebooted by itself in the middle of the process, just as the Ford website said it would). "Awesome, let's try it!", I said, the first thig I tried was the voice commands, and no luck. When I press the button on the steering wheel, it shows "Voice recognition not ready" and nothing happens. I tried all of the other functions (usb, bluetooth, phone, CD, radio, etc) and everything works just fine.

So I went ahead and went into the hidden menu (like THIS) to check the SW version and I found this:

As you can see, there's no Voice Control Application Version...
And here's the current version:

Needless to say that I already removed the fuse and put it back on after 15 min, same with the negative terminal of the battery, Master resetted it countless times and re-installed the update at least 5 times. Also tried to split the installation in half like stated here: SPLIT

Any ideas?

Anyone that can share the 2.3 version of SYNC 3 that actually works? that would be great...

Thanks!!

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
That's just odd. I have actually upgraded my Sync 2 MFT to a Sync 3 screen and APIM - went from non NAV Sync 2 MFT to Sync 3 NAV 1.0

I downloaded version 2.3 from a couple of sources, the second one being Owner.Ford site - their build was a bit more fresh. It installed both times, no issues. But, the Voice Command functionality should be native to Sync 3, no matter what version, I'd think. It was on 2.0.

More so, I used somebody else's VIN to get the Sync 3 file, so I was wondering if it's going to give me an error - went without a hitch.

The file name that of either version was JL1T-14G381-AJ.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

You might have to take it to the dealership I had problems updating from V1 after multiple calls to Ford they told me to take it in. Sad thing is it took 4 days and 2 modules to fix.

OP
D

DragonSSCC

Thread Starter #4
That's just odd. I have actually upgraded my Sync 2 MFT to a Sync 3 screen and APIM - went from non NAV Sync 2 MFT to Sync 3 NAV 1.0

I downloaded version 2.3 from a couple of sources, the second one being Owner.Ford site - their build was a bit more fresh. It installed both times, no issues. But, the Voice Command functionality should be native to Sync 3, no matter what version, I'd think. It was on 2.0.

More so, I used somebody else's VIN to get the Sync 3 file, so I was wondering if it's going to give me an error - went without a hitch.

The file name that of either version was JL1T-14G381-AJ.

Yea, is very odd, since the build I installed was from Ford too, is this:

I've seen in other forums that the build is later than mine

The file name I downloaded is JL1T-14G381-AJ

Could you check your build and tell me what it is please? Also, if you could enter your hidden menu and see if anything appears on the "Voice Control Application Version" would be awesome. It is on "APIM Diagnostics" > "Software Versions" and scroll all the way down

Thanks!!

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
I will check the build number. Some of the files inside the zipped package may be slightly different ( the largest one is the one that Ford seems to tweak).

How do you get to the hidden menu? I am too lazy to Google...

OP
D

DragonSSCC

Thread Starter #6
I will check the build number. Some of the files inside the zipped package may be slightly different ( the largest one is the one that Ford seems to tweak).

How do you get to the hidden menu? I am too lazy to Google...

Is very simple, you just long press the Eject and the Seek> buttons and you enter the main diagnostics menu. Be sure to lower your volume first, because when entering to the menu, it tests the speakers first with a very annoying noise. You can cancel this test though, it shows a cancel button on the screen, and then the menu appears.

[video]https://photos.app.goo.gl/a1iHZzlzW46IS7ph1[/video]

OP
D

DragonSSCC

Thread Starter #7
You might have to take it to the dealership I had problems updating from V1 after multiple calls to Ford they told me to take it in. Sad thing is it took 4 days and 2 modules to fix.
Oh man, that would really suck for me, since the nearest dealership is 250 miles away! Not really an option, let's just hope that this isn't the case :(

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Yea, is very odd, since the build I installed was from Ford too, is this:

I've seen in other forums that the build is later than mine

The file name I downloaded is JL1T-14G381-AJ

Could you check your build and tell me what it is please? Also, if you could enter your hidden menu and see if anything appears on the "Voice Control Application Version" would be awesome. It is on "APIM Diagnostics" > "Software Versions" and scroll all the way down

Thanks!!
I do see the following in the voice control activation version:. 20.66_RC13

The build is 17109.

OP
D

DragonSSCC

Thread Starter #11
Actually, it s 17109_PRODUCT.

I suspect you may have a hardware issue... Sad face....
Before you do anything, test all of your functions... if is not broken, dont fix it, they said!

EDIT: I misread, I thought that you meant that you had a HW issue. I don't think I have a HW problem, since everything was ok before the install...

OP
D

DragonSSCC

Thread Starter #12
I do see the following in the voice control activation version:. 20.66_RC13

The build is 17109.

Thanks for the info, that means that my update didn't came with the voice control software... [?|]

Do you still have your update files? if so, would you share it?

OP
D

DragonSSCC

Thread Starter #13
That sucks hopefully you can get it fixed
And did they charge you for the job? I mean, it is an official download after all, and they give you the procedure right in the website...

you're going to have to take it to the dealership, I had the same issue. Took them two weeks to replace the APIM Module and one other module. All covered under bumper to bumper.