Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
27 Likes

Thread: Keep ST and mod or RS Focus?

New Member 15 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    orlando
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Keep ST and mod or RS Focus?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Some might think this question is a no brainier and just go for the RS. The reason i got the Fist originally was because my local dealer on the RS launch was marking the car up around $8k above msrp, so i got my deposit back. Got the Fist because of the fun factor over the Fost at the time. The RS is on another level though. The used market is pretty good on the RS, no way at this point I'm going to take the depreciation hit on a new one. Test drove a couple in the past couple weeks. Really impressed with it. The Fist is a blast to drive. But for it to be a keeper at this point it would need a little more power out of it. Do I sink money into the Fist with downpipe, tune, X37? Or just save that money for a RS? I really like the Fist though, the size, the handling, styling, kona blue is a killer color. BUT after driving the RS, its a excellent package. A package i wouldn't have to modify. The interior is also a step up in the RS which is nice. Obviously the RS payment will be more but that's not the concern, is it really worth it?

New Member 29 Rep Points SlowDunny's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Mississauga
    Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMHO it depends on if you have Focus RS money... It's a lot of car for a lot of money.

I don't think it's worth it because I already have a fast AWD car and it didn't cost me near Focus RS money.

Member 141 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    West Bloomfield
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you watched a lot of videos from Matt Farah? He's had both and he's said multiple times which one he prefers and (Spoiler alert) it's not the more expensive one.
    2016 GTI 6MT//2014 Fiesta ST 6MT//91 Miata Time Attack car (VVT swapped Rotrex C30-84. 280 whp @ 2150 pounds wet)

CP-E Intake, Depo IC, Depo DP, Deadhook Tuned on 93, 2J Spec BC Racing Coilover 6K/4K, TD 1.2 15x8 w/ 205/50/15 Star Specs ZII

New Member 10 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    West Palm Beach
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you could get your hands on a fist with a hybrid turbo and do a test drive that would help with the decision making.
    I have not driven a fist with 300 whp or an RS but from what I have read on here the fist would still put more smiles per miles on your face.
    COBB AP W/Stratified 93 tune
    Depo Racing IC
    Whoosh hot side pipe
    GFB - DV+
    Modified stock airbox w\MAF spacer & K&N filter
    MTC intake tube
    Turbo Transformer
    AWR/RMM = 70a
    Pierce Motorsports 2 PT front & rear bar
    NGK 6510 plugs
    Resonator delete
    Symposer delete

New Member 12 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Calgary
    Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

If I’m spending 60,000 on a car it won’t be a focus rs. I have a FiST and love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Member 15 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    orlando
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Used focus RS $29-31k. Not new and they are only $40k+-. Money aside was my original question if original post was read completely.

Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Eerie
    State
    IN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nfazz View Post
    Used focus RS $29-31k. Not new and they are only $40k+-. Money aside was my original question if original post was read completely.
    I only sat in an RS. All the reviews (other than some engine failures) are positive, so it's a tough choice. The RS is one mean machine, but a Fiesta with 265 or more hp? That would be some balls-out fun, too. Doesn't seem like you could go wrong, either way.
    2017 Magnetic, everything but the Recaros. MP 215, mountune shift kit and shift knob, Husky floor liners. That's all I'm doing, I swear!.. OK, I lied. Also added an intake hose and symposer delete. But that really is all, I swear this time!

Senior Member 1025 Rep Points M-Sport fan's Avatar

Medals
    City
    Solebury
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Nfazz View Post
    What kind of used car interest rates are you finding on loans out there?

MANY finance companies will not even give a loan for ANY used car, for ANY rate, at this point. ;)

I DID get to test drive an RS with the forged wheels, and unlike most others on here, and elsewhere (Farah), I WAS impressed, yes, despite the extra heft and size/wheelbase.
    Even though it is not an "optimal" AWD system, I STILL like the idea of some power going to the rear wheels vs. just the fronts, especially on a high power turbo setup, yup even one with a front wheel limited slip.

IF I could afford one, it is what I would be driving right now, but when I did the 'sit down' at that dealership for that MSRP, NO gouge 'market adjustment' markup RS, it was going to be about an $850.00/month payment even WITH a down payment (which I did not, and still do not have), vs. the $295.00 I currently pay for the FiST with NO down payment, so a NO GO for me.
    Magnetic 2016 Fiesta ST base model

New Member 15 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    orlando
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Around 3% thru my credit union. But mileage may vary if you have less then stellar credit.

Medals
    City
    Dublin
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I don't think you should ignore the issues they are having with the engines. Ford seems now to take the position that a bunch of them got Mustang head gaskets and they are replacing the gaskets and in some cases the heads. There also is apparently a fuel line issue. The engine issues do not sound trivial and might affect resale value. There is A LOT about this out there.
    2017 Orange Spice FiST
    Toyota 4Runner (dd and winter)
    Harley Davidson Road King (very built)
    Ducati Multistrada S
    1971 Vespa 150 Super

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast