Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wind buffeting on track with windows down

Woods247

2000 Post Club
My local tracks require all four windows down and buffeting is pretty bad. Have any of you guys tried Weathertech window visors to reduce this effect?

Intuit

3000 Post Club
During the warmer months, I ride with the windows down all the time and there isn't any remarkable noise unless, I only roll the rear two down and none of the others. After having the Sun Roof window track replaced under warranty, it now buffets if that's the only window that is opened. I think this is from wind getting into the headliner area, turning it into a giant subwoofer.

Does pressing on key areas of the headliner or door panels change the noise at all? Does temporarily removing the rear deck change it at all?

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
I can’t say. I’m usually floored on a straight away when it’s happening. I don’t notice it so much on the road. Over 100mph is terrible even with a helmet. I just ordered the Weathertech window visors since they just snap in and extend all the down by the mirror. I’ll report back later. They look like they’ll fix the problem. We’ll see.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
My 2017 has these cute little wind deflectors at the base of the front windows, right by the side-view mirrors. My cousin's 2015 does not. It must be some black magic but it cuts down on the wind buffeting quite a bit when you have all 4 windows down.

My 2017 has these cute little wind deflectors at the base of the front windows, right by the side-view mirrors. My cousin's 2015 does not. It must be some black magic but it cuts down on the wind buffeting quite a bit when you have all 4 windows down.
They introduced that in the 2016 model year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
I wonder if it’s a part I could add to my 14. Care to share a pic or link?

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Here's a pic. It looks like it's part of the trim. You might could buy it at the dealer, though I have no idea how it installs or if it's easily replaced.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
Yeah perfect! Thanks man. I’ll find that part.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
I just emailed Steve@Tasca because this is a needle in a haystack. As soon as I have the part number I’ll post it just incase some else needs a solution.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
My 2016 has terrible wind buffeting. I definitely do not have those little flaps on the front 1/4 windows. Ive noticef some other weird things on ny 2016 compared to a buddy's as well thougg.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
If you open the front windows, you have to crack the back. The bassy noise I suspect is mostly the roof liner. Low pressure pulses basically turn it into a subwoofer. Put your hand up to it when you hear the noise to confirm a source.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #18
Rules have changed. If the rear windows don’t go all the way down, they must stay up. Trying this little $20 Amazon ghetto lip trick tomorrow to see if there’s an improvement.

Ah, still have to find something for mine, especially now that its getting to being summery

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #20
Ah, still have to find something for mine, especially now that its getting to being summery
I’m at the track now. It seems to help lol. I actually forgot I put them on because I had more important stuff to prep this morning. I don’t have a headache after my first session though haha! Worth a shot for $20 on Amazon.

I’ll pay closer attention after they remove the crashed Subaru.