Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Member: Shadow Black 2017 Fiesta ST

L8Apex-66

Hey guys. Introducing myself for the first time on the forum. I have frequented this forum over the last 6 months since I took ownership of my FiST, and would like to share with you fellow FiST owners my experiences, and my vehicles journey as I continue to autocross her.

I have been a longtime BMW owner, and enthusiast. I was, and still am, a member on m3forums and Bimmerpost.

Recently graduating radiography school and working crazy hours in a hospital has afforded me the opportunity to regretfully sell my E36 TechnoViolet M3 which I was daily’n, and start looking for a new ride. A close friend owned a Molten Orange FiST and kept swearing by it. For the record, my family owned a collision shop for 18 years. Throughout that time I became more and more aware of the increasing build quality of newer Ford vehicles.

Still, I was hesitant but reluctantly brought a black Fiesta ST for a test drive with my wife. Long story short, after immediate grinning and laughing like a three year old I returned to the dealer and signed the papers. For the money, I HIGHLY doubt there is another vehicle with as much charisma, performance, and practicality than the FiST.

With that being said, Hello all and I look forward to sharing my continued progress of well thought out performance, and aerodynamic upgrades. Being 38yrs old, my taste has mellowed and I look to mod gently. So, no crazy fender flares, grinding, or cutting sheet metal. Just tasteful bolt ons, but with one goal in mind. To go faster and faster in both autocross and track racing while maintaining a street driven platform.

Cheers guys.

Justin

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Congrats! Yes the FiST brings out little girl giggles in all of us.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
WELCOME and CONGRATS!

Mountainside, Clara Maass, St. Joes (where you interned)?

I used to live in Union County (Union, and then Springfield), and was in that area a lot for various reasons.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Welcome And congrats Justin from another BMW M3 owner and yes I am on m3forums as well. 97 Boston Green/Modena 4/5 Slicktop( only one in the country) and yes I have been smitten by the FiST as well. I am ordering a 2018 Oramge Spice.

Last edited:

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome And congrats Juatin from another BMW M3 owner and yes I am on m3forums as well. 97 Boston Green/Modena 4/5 Slicktop( only one in the country) and yes I have been smitten by the FiST as well. I am ordering a 2018 Oramge Spice.
Sweet! If I had the money, I'd get another one, just to have a spare. The orange looks really nice, too.

I'm not saying these cars will be classics someday, but they'll be classics someday.

Just bought one last week. I joined the forum today. I've been a lifelong vw owner because of the gti and I also must say I'm very impressed by this little car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Welcome And congrats Justin from another BMW M3 owner and yes I am on m3forums as well. 97 Boston Green/Modena 4/5 Slicktop( only one in the country) and yes I have been smitten by the FiST as well. I am ordering a 2018 Oramge Spice.
Is "slicktop" just another way of saying "no sun/moonroof"? [dunno]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yes it's a popular phrase in the Bimmer world. I forget some people don't speak Bimmer speak. Lol it's also a rarity as most BMW's do come with sunroofs.
In the 4th gen f body world we just said "hard top" (also a rarity in that world, as were any no option, 'lightweight' cars like mine was, it even had crank windows [crazyeye]-sort of like a factory ordered "club sport' would be in Bimmer world, just without all of the other lightweight replacement parts of the CSLs), since the only other non-ragtop option was a T-tops.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
In the 4th gen f body world we just said "hard top" (also a rarity in that world, as were any no option, 'lightweight' cars like mine was, it even had crank windows [crazyeye]-sort of like a factory ordered "club sport' would be in Bimmer world, just without all of the other lightweight replacement parts of the CSLs), since the only other non-ragtop option was a T-tops.
Ya in the 240sx world we called them hardtops too. Lol. Ya some people would call ther hardtop E36 M3's LTW's ( lightweight) but I always felt that was a misnomer as the LTW came from the 500 95 E36 M3's BMW specifically built for racing. Of which they are like 4 in the U.S.
It's funny how terms get coined. The E36 track rats are the ones that use the slicktop term the most.