Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Racing shoes?

+1 on Puma Speed Cats and Piloti's. I own both but wear the Pumas just as a casual shoe. You can find the Puma's go on sale pretty often - comfy shoe, but pretty narrow.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I picked up a pair of Puma Speed Cat driving shoes years ago because they were on sale and thought they were cool. I've never even used them since I never tracked my previous car and kinda forgot about them until reading this. I'm gonna have to dig those out and see how they are. Also want to do a track day in my FiST this summer so will have to use them for that. I think the rounded heel and slimness of them will be nice for shifting quickly.
The thinner outer soles let you feel the pedals better as well. ;) [driving]

TDavis

1000 Post Club
The thinner outer soles let you feel the pedals better as well. ;) [driving]
This.

I use my riding shoes occasionally because you can feel SO much more and its easier to drive the car IMHO. They're based off of F1 drivers shoes so thats probably why. They have a laser ablated sole so its completely smooth on the bottom.

I would come back from a ride on my motorcycle and want to take the ST out for a drive but not bother changing my shoes. I knew they would help but didn't think they would feel THAT good, I was surprised.

I can wear them around casually as well. They get uncomfortable after a certain while but it takes awhile for it to happen.

I have been looking for a reasonably priced pair of shoes that are good driving shoes. The problem I have had is that most shoes are D with and a lot of those are described as running narrow in comments. I have an E or EE width foot. I did find a pair of sketchers slip-on shoes that are available in wide, but that is not what I have in mind. I would prefer a pair of lace-up shoes. Most athletic shoes have soles that flare out a bit and can easily get caught on the bottom of the brake pedal. Hopefully a good driving shoe will have a different profile. Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks.

Idk what width my feet are but theyre huge and flat. Every pair of speed cats ive owned have formed to my feet wonderfully. The sole will still be narrow, but the material above it will stretch out easily. Its almost like fitting a mouthguard.. get a nice warm summer day and the rubber and fabric will literally contour to your feet

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
This.

I use my riding shoes occasionally because you can feel SO much more and its easier to drive the car IMHO. They're based off of F1 drivers shoes so thats probably why. They have a laser ablated sole so its completely smooth on the bottom.

I would come back from a ride on my motorcycle and want to take the ST out for a drive but not bother changing my shoes. I knew they would help but didn't think they would feel THAT good, I was surprised.

I can wear them around casually as well. They get uncomfortable after a certain while but it takes awhile for it to happen.

I have a pair of their more 'all weather' low-mid top moto shoes (the "Miglia") which are all black roughed/oiled type leather, and have that wire pull fastener, angled lacing system.

I wear these as a daily shoe in the winter since they are not bad to walk short distances in (I put a not custom/prescription, but real orthotic in them), are narrow for our cramped footwells/pedals and my size 13 feet, and still have a fairly thin outer sole (albeit not as thin as those above, or ANY real karting/FIA driving shoe).
They also TOTALLY resist water/slush/snow/salt intrusion, and are decently warm when used with a wool/Thermax type sock. ;)

https://www.sportrider.com/sites/sp..._and_miglia_riding_shoes+02.jpg?itok=TIwFESKq

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I have been looking for a reasonably priced pair of shoes that are good driving shoes. The problem I have had is that most shoes are D with and a lot of those are described as running narrow in comments. I have an E or EE width foot. I did find a pair of sketchers slip-on shoes that are available in wide, but that is not what I have in mind. I would prefer a pair of lace-up shoes. Most athletic shoes have soles that flare out a bit and can easily get caught on the bottom of the brake pedal. Hopefully a good driving shoe will have a different profile. Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks.
You might try looking at some of the domestic US racing shoes suppliers (Simpson, Impact, G-Force, Race Quip, etc.) , as they are much more likely to offer various width driving shoes than the Euro/Italian suppliers who think everyone on the planet has 'B' width feet!! LOL

(They are almost all generally less coin than their Euro counterparts as well. ;) )

Is the next big thing JDM racing socks? Thinner.. more responsive.. the racing flip flop!

kevinatfms

Goodyear makes racing shoes. I had a pair of the Ori. They were very light and comfortable to drive in. Also the soles look like tire treads.
https://goodyearfootwearusa.com/collections/performance-racing-shoes
Just picked a set of these up to replace my old worn out Adidas that i used for autocross. They fit great and are much cheaper than the straight competition shoes. They are also quite stylish so you could wear them out without looking like a total fool.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Just picked a set of these up to replace my old worn out Adidas that i used for autocross. They fit great and are much cheaper than the straight competition shoes. They are also quite stylish so you could wear them out without looking like a total fool.
Those Ori models are NICE, especially the black ones (the sole actually is a Goodyear GS-D3 tire's tread pattern!), but I like those 'quilted' pattern upper Clutch-Es as well. [thumb]

kevinatfms

I got the Ori-E in white/green and they are just about perfect. I have been wearing them the past 2 days to break them in and they remind me of Adidas Samba shoes.

I have an autocross the 22nd and will run them there. Hope they are better and dont hang up as much as the old shell toes.

I got the Ori-E in white/green and they are just about perfect. I have been wearing them the past 2 days to break them in and they remind me of Adidas Samba shoes.

I have an autocross the 22nd and will run them there. Hope they are better and dont hang up as much as the old shell toes.
Is that autocross with CDC?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

kevinatfms

Is that autocross with CDC?

Yup. At Regency Stadium. Will you be there? Finally going to run on some sticky tires(Azenis). I have been handicapped by some really shitty Riken Raptor ZR's.

Yup. At Regency Stadium. Will you be there? Finally going to run on some sticky tires(Azenis). I have been handicapped by some really shitty Riken Raptor ZR's.
Nice! I won't be able to make it on the 22nd. I should be at both in May though. And I should also be on stickier tires then too.