Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

StopTech BBK - any way to check fitment with OZ 17" Ultraleggeras before buying?

Just curious if there are any specs I can check to see how fitment would be on my OZ Ultraleggera 17x expensive to buy and find out they dont work. Trying not to import a set from UK if I can.

Hoping someone has the StopTechs on aftermarket rims that could chime in :)

TDavis

1000 Post Club
IIRC You need a 12mm spacer to clear the calipers with most wheels.

OP
S
Thread Starter #4
Thanks a bunch, guess this kit is out for me then. Looking at the Tarox 325mm kit but not sure that will work either without spacers. Have an email to Pumaspeed about it now. Were you able to weigh the Stoptech setup to compare to OEM by chance?

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thanks a bunch, guess this kit is out for me then. Looking at the Tarox 325mm kit but not sure that will work either without spacers. Have an email to Pumaspeed about it now. Were you able to weigh the Stoptech setup to compare to OEM by chance?
I didn’t but I think my buddy might have. I’ll ask and report back. I certainly don’t think I lost weight but they are phenomenal on track. Event the “Street Sport” pads that come with them are fine. I just picked up an open box set of replacement pads on Amazon for $40! Normally they’re $70. I have five track days and probably 5000 street miles and they still have tons of life left. The rotor rings are pricey though. Hopefully they’ll last a while. The Stoptechs are definitely overkill for street but I have complete faith in them on track. They don’t fade at all with Type200 fluid. I beat on them hard too. I still have at least 1/2 of the pad material left. It was these or AP Racing for me. I’m happy.

Edit: My buddy weighed them and said they are about the same as stock. No weight advantage. I don’t feel a negative impact on acceleration at all.

GAbOS

Most brake manus can provide a template you can print out, cut and check with.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

OP
S
Thread Starter #8
Interesting. Tarox offers a 2 piece set (vented) in both 300mm x 24mm and in a 325mm x 28mm option. I emailed their USA office to check and see if they have a printable template for each to check clearance.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Interesting. Tarox offers a 2 piece set (vented) in both 300mm x 24mm and in a 325mm x 28mm option. I emailed their USA office to check and see if they have a printable template for each to check clearance.
I just realized you’re in ATL too. You’re welcome to look at my setup.

OP
S
Thread Starter #10
I just realized you’re in ATL too. You’re welcome to look at my setup.
Cheers man. I did not consider the StopTech kit since it requires spacers even with non OE 17" rims to be honest. I have emails out to Tarox about their 300mm x 24mm kit with 2 piece rotors to see if they will fit with OEM 17" rims, since they fit 16" with spacers. I'm in the Facebook ATL RS/ST club if you want to catch up.