Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Waze through Android Auto doesn't work

MY2017

My Waze has never worked right on my Android Auto.

It loads up fine, and my location shows up so long as my phone screen is on. My phone screen times out after 30 seconds and turns off, at which point my Waze loses my location. If I turn my phone screen on again, Waze finds the location again. This basically makes it useless.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

I have my phone set to not go into standby / turn off the screen while plugged in. However, once android auto starts up the screen turns off and I do not have issue with Waze shutting down. I have had issues with it randomly resuming a previous drive, but that's another issue entirely. Maybe change your screen timeout settings or the settings for what your phone does while on a USB connection?

I have a Moto G5 Plus and Waze just freeze very often too. Now I use Google Maps.

I have a Note 8 and Waze works perfectly for me. Try the phone in high performance mode, one time I couldn't get Waze to work until I set the phone to high performance. Why? I dunno but that fixed it.