Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
28 Likes

Thread: Why do you mod your car?

Member 36 Rep Points spdkills83's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Beckley
    State
    WV
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Why do you mod your car?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hello all, just sitting around thinking about why we mod our cars. I personally mod mine for the fun of it. I like working on things and seeing how making changes to a vehicle play into the overall performance as a whole. I understand that anything invested into a car (unless it is a very valuable car) is pretty much a loss at the end of the day, but I say there could be worse hobbies.

Just curious as to what others think. I sometimes sit back and think why do I want to potentially sling 5K worth of mods on a car that was only 20K new? Sometimes that is hard to wrap my head around and I feel that if I am going dump that kind of $$$ into it, why did I not just buy an already quick/fast car. At the end of the day I guess it is all about the fun of it for me anyway.

Anyone care to share why we like to mod our cars the way we do?

Thanks for looking

Senior Member 898 Rep Points

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Lincoln
    State
    NE
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 Likes

We mod because more is not enough.

Also, it’s not a complete waste of money to mod your car if you can sell the parts later on.

I’m modding just one FiST and leaving the other stock, so I can enjoy the differences :)
    2016 Kona Blue Fiesta ST- His
    2017 Magnetic Gray Fiesta ST- Hers
    2003 Mustang GT 5-speed - Whoever’s

Member 89 Rep Points

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    City
    Orange
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

Because I can’t leave anything alone. My wife’s current Honda CRV is the only car I have no interest in doing anything to but maintenance. Faster, louder, just an addiction I guess for both my cars and bikes.

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Eerie
    State
    IN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 Likes

The FiST responds very well to even minor mods, but it's mostly because most of us are men.

2017 Magnetic, everything but the Recaros. MP 215, mountune shift kit and shift knob, Husky floor liners. That's all I'm doing, I swear!.. OK, I lied. Also added an intake hose and symposer delete. But that really is all, I swear this time!

New Member 16 Rep Points imhenry66's Avatar

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    Los Angeles
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 Likes

Personalization. While we're all given the same choice of car(s) and selection of mod brands, the mixing and matching of what's available to us make each of our ownerships unique.

I try to show my taste and sense of design through my mods, as the car is an extension of my personality and character.

New Member 32 Rep Points Tanaboon's Avatar

Medals
    City
    Huntington
    State
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 Likes

I'm modding mine because this is my first project car/stick shift. It's been a great way for me to actually learn about different parts of the engine.

It's also been a great way for me to multiply the estimated time of install by 4 when I look at guides.

Senior Member 647 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Grand Haven
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

I modify my car for a number of reasons. One is to be different. I have no interest in having a car that looks like another. Second is I enjoy the personal rewards of researching, installing, and experiencing the difference from a modification. Third is because I enjoy doing mechanical things. A chance to get away from a computer, cubicle, email, meetings, memos, homework, and text messages is wonderful therapy. I get to step away from the terrible digital world and get my hands dirty doing something on the far opposite end of the spectrum. Lastly, I enjoy sitting back and looking at what I have accomplished.

I don't modify for likes on Instagram, to be Facebook famous, gain sponsors, win trophies, be popular, or to follow the latest trends. I do it because I love it.
    2015 Performance Blue Fiesta ST
    1984 Performance White Mustang

@BRGT350 Instagram, Twitter, YouTube

Member 42 Rep Points EnthusiaST's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Okemos
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Personalization like stated above and to turn a stock car into what I want it to be. I’ve never driven a perfect stock car before. Whether it’s looks or performance, everything needs tweaking to what I perceive as better.
    Saving up for a FIST (#13)
    09 MX5 GT (coilovers, wheels, tires, boltons)
    09 WR450F (Supermoto'd, built motor, slipper and BBK)
    02 CBR954RR (slip on)
    On Car #12 and Motorcycle #14.

Senior Member 697 Rep Points TyphoonFiST's Avatar

Medals
    City
    Blaine
    State
    MN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by spdkills83 View Post
    Hello all, just sitting around thinking about why we mod our cars. I personally mod mine for the fun of it. I like working on things and seeing how making changes to a vehicle play into the overall performance as a whole. I understand that anything invested into a car (unless it is a very valuable car) is pretty much a loss at the end of the day, but I say there could be worse hobbies.

Just curious as to what others think. I sometimes sit back and think why do I want to potentially sling 5K worth of mods on a car that was only 20K new? Sometimes that is hard to wrap my head around and I feel that if I am going dump that kind of $$$ into it, why did I not just buy an already quick/fast car. At the end of the day I guess it is all about the fun of it for me anyway.

Anyone care to share why we like to mod our cars the way we do?

Thanks for looking
    I always tell my BAE....it keeps me out of the bars....keeps me from becoming an alcoholic or a drug addict. It's my vice....I don't really buy anything else unless it's a stupid T-shirt...stuff for my Dog or my fun vehicles*...I wanna enjoy what I drive...not dread what I drive.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    Is this your bush? Are you king of the forest?

Member 376 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Los Angeles
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    One of the main reasons from the getgo for me is because PERFORMANCE! Lol ya I shouted that. When I got into cars the cars I got into needed more!
    The more you modded them the faster they got, the quicker around corners . Etc.. Of course somewhere along the way looks came into play as well. Of course some visual mods did aid Performance as long as they were not overdone.
    Though it was always for function, most of the time. Lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast