Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New for 2018 Garrett G2560R

No I don’t believe you have a Fiesta with over 300hp on street legal tires that doesn’t spin tires, that’s bs. Tell me you floor it in 1st gear and have complete traction consistently. Tell us all plainly if that is true.

Actually again your wrong 245/35/17 Toyo R1R my car hooks fine bud [emoji6] again I know how to set up a proper car. Full pierce race bracing & ST suspensions front & rear sway bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jeff

2000 Post Club

Actually again your wrong 245/35/17 Toyo R1R my car hooks fine bud [emoji6] again I know how to set up a proper car. Full pierce race bracing & ST suspensions front & rear sway bars.

Ok I stand corrected apparently I don’t know much here. There are several members here with full bracing and the right tires and LSD and 325-375hp who can’t get full traction until third gear. You must have some magical powers happy for you though I still don’t believe you can floor it in first or even second and have full traction but whatever.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Assuming 400hp is a drag strip only car. 400hp on the street is a bad bad idea. Bad idea folks. My car spins 1st 2nd and 3rd gear at any hint of wetness or new road, and that's on my 275hp pump gas tune. 400hp on a street car is pointless even with LSD and all the bracing you could ever install. Buy something else that can handle it.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/bad-idea-jeans/n9937?snl=1
I am interested (eventually) because it seems like this turbo, with the correct setup and tune will readily do ~300 to the wheels with NO SWEAT on pump 93 without stressing anything, nor having to be 'maxed out' to do so.

It also leaves some reserve for more powah IF E85 ever becomes available in my area once again (and I find a way to 'put it down', even from a roll). ;)
I do not want to bother with the cost and effort of Race Gas, or WMI, as the requisite Stratified 4 port system will be costly and complicated ENOUGH as it is for this setup.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I agree with this statement 100%...
Even if this becomes a possibility for us I would probably still go x47. 400hp would be interesting but it would change the whole feel of the car and make it into more of a roll racer car. And even at 400hp it will still lose to the big blown V8's.
I agree with this statement 100%...if I want ludicrous speed I just go to my spare garage and roll this old bastard out...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

felopr

As a caveat to all of this “too much power” discussion, I’d like to add the following: 1.) a 400whp isn’t 400whp all the time; and 2.) you don’t have to have the gas pedal to the floor at all times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3)COBB AP on the fly map switching to a low boost map for rain/etc

jeff

2000 Post Club
As a caveat to all of this “too much power” discussion, I’d like to add the following: 1.) a 400whp isn’t 400whp all the time; and 2.) you don’t have to have the gas pedal to the floor at all times.

Good point, yes throttle can control and prevent wheelspin/traction loss.

In reference to the comments of [MENTION=7229]ThaCoyote[/MENTION] I am saying here that really anything much beyond 300whp is only going to be accessable on the drag strip or track - places where you can take advantage of that HP. Like Hijinx said, the power isn't always there, it comes on close to or at redline. So when are we at redline in 3rd gear? 85 or 95mph. When are we at redline in 4th gear? 115mph or so. My point is that this sort of power is great for drag or track use, but on the street it's pointless because you're never going that fast except for the occasional interstate fun.

Sure ThaCoyote your car will "hook up" eventually. But to say that you or any of us who are around or past 300hp are able to avoid any traction issues on street tires is absolute BS. Hijinx could speak to this - his car had big power, with a great set of suspension mods that kept it straight under acceleration, but from what I recall watching his videos he still had some loss of traction at WOT on the street and maybe on the strip as well.

In reference to the comments of [MENTION=7229]ThaCoyote[/MENTION] I am saying here that really anything much beyond 300whp is only going to be accessable on the drag strip or track - places where you can take advantage of that HP. Like Hijinx said, the power isn't always there, it comes on close to or at redline. So when are we at redline in 3rd gear? 85 or 95mph. When are we at redline in 4th gear? 115mph or so. My point is that this sort of power is great for drag or track use, but on the street it's pointless because you're never going that fast except for the occasional interstate fun.

Sure ThaCoyote your car will "hook up" eventually. But to say that you or any of us who are around or past 300hp are able to avoid any traction issues on street tires is absolute BS. Hijinx could speak to this - his car had big power, with a great set of suspension mods that kept it straight under acceleration, but from what I recall watching his videos he still had some loss of traction at WOT on the street and maybe on the strip as well.
I find it amusing that you just keep on trying to tell me what MY CAR is capable of. You’ve never been in a flared fiesta with this much rubber on it lol but keep on telling yourself your the expert bud [emoji23] whatever helps you sleep at night. Not like I know from experience or anything 🤷🏻*♂️

jeff

2000 Post Club
I find it amusing that you just keep on trying to tell me what MY CAR is capable of. You’ve never been in a flared fiesta with this much rubber on it lol but keep on telling yourself your the expert bud [emoji23] whatever helps you sleep at night. Not like I know from experience or anything ????????????*♂️

Not trying to start a fight with you bud, I simply contended with your statement that you have no traction issues. Tell me you never have loss of traction in any gear at WOT and I'll happily surrender. No need to get defensive.

And BTW I like your car.

Not trying to start a fight with you bud, I simply contended with your statement that you have no traction issues. Tell me you never have loss of traction in any gear at WOT and I'll happily surrender. No need to get defensive.

And BTW I like your car.
If pavement and tires are nice and warm I have no issues with traction WOT period lol if I had issues I’d put more tire on the car it’s as simple as that. That’s kind of the point of flaring the car.

jeff

2000 Post Club
If pavement and tires are nice and warm I have no issues with traction WOT period lol if I had issues I’d put more tire on the car it’s as simple as that. That’s kind of the point of flaring the car.

Excellent, good to hear.

Back to the OP/Garrett turbo being discussed, I wonder if at 375-400hp there is enough tire and suspension upgrades out there to keep traction in balance with power. Like I said, at that level of power IMO it's really more about being a track/strip car than a DD, but to each his own.

Excellent, good to hear.

Back to the OP/Garrett turbo being discussed, I wonder if at 375-400hp there is enough tire and suspension upgrades out there to keep traction in balance with power. Like I said, at that level of power IMO it's really more about being a track/strip car than a DD, but to each his own.
IMHO coming from the mazdaspeed3 FWD will always have issues with traction... and there are a bunch of honda's that are spinning and winning
It all depends on the tune and how boost comes on. The OP could also have a street tune and a drag tune.

So what's the point of 400WHP at the front wheels?!?!? because racecar... duh

The only way to progress this platform is to push it. I hope this build goes down and he posts his findings because it helps those who want to have fun.
[MENTION=602]pwnall1337[/MENTION] Good luck!

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran

Yeah, I can smoke my BFG Rival-S all the way into third if I wanted. I hadn’t gone WOT in first and second because there just really is no need. At the drag strip slicks have a bit of slip on purpose but the car takes off hard enough to hurt your neck; I almost got whiplash on my first launch with slicks.

With that said, it’s still more fun to me than a stock car and probably equally as fun as a 300whp car as far as the low gears go. If you just want big power I don’t see any reason not to, as long as you’re not hurting anybody. Basically, theres a HUGE difference between 300 and 400 (obviously, but hard to parse out in words) on a highway romp, but not much in a launch on street tires.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Yeah, I can smoke my BFG Rival-S all the way into third if I wanted. I hadn’t gone WOT in first and second because there just really is no need. At the drag strip slicks have a bit of slip on purpose but the car takes off hard enough to hurt your neck; I almost got whiplash on my first launch with slicks.

With that said, it’s still more fun to me than a stock car and probably equally as fun as a 300whp car as far as the low gears go. If you just want big power I don’t see any reason not to, as long as you’re not hurting anybody. Basically, theres a HUGE difference between 300 and 400 (obviously, but hard to parse out in words) on a highway romp, but not much in a launch on street tires.

Exactly, well said. That’s what I’ve been saying, even at 300 the new power over stock turbo isn’t all that useable in normal city driving, only on highway or off-road applications. Adding another 100hp is all the more “unuseful”, to make up a word, for street driving. Still on the strip or track it would be great when going in excess of 80 mph.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I'd like this for track. A kit similar to the MRX would be appreciated. Subbed. You don't HAVE to post here if you aren't interested ha!

I'd like this for track. A kit similar to the MRX would be appreciated. Subbed. You don't HAVE to post here if you aren't interested ha!
I’m actually switching from an X47R to an MRX is about a week just to see the difference.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I’m actually switching from an X47R to an MRX is about a week just to see the difference.

I’d LOVE to here your opinion between the two. The only reason I’m considering the MRX over the X47 is long term reliability. My gut tells me the MRX will handle heavy track use better. If it’s super laggy, I’ll just stay stock and run 93 and e30 tunes. This new turbo looks to be promising. I don’t think I “need” 400hp but I’ll drive the shit out of it.