Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Just picked up a Magnetic Fiesta ST

Bought it today and been having a blast. Was looking for a base white one with no moon roof, but had to settle on Magnetic, which is growing on me.

I came from a 2003 Civic si and it idled like buttah. The ST seems to have a slight clicky feel that i feel through the clutch, and its ever so slight. Is this normal?

And the first time i smashed it up a 1/4 ish hill here in seattle, i noticed a bit of a, not quite a burning smell but close. It went away quickly but am guessing it was the turbo burning residue off the outside of the turbo.

The last thing, the temp gauge has little markers showing the temp. I am showing 4 of those markers, which i hope is normal.

Cannot believe how much faster it is than my 03 si, wow.

Shortshifter is the first thing on my list and a taller shift knob.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I just bought one today as well, but they have to bring it in from another dealer so they sent me home with a very nice Fusion Hybrid... doesn't handle quiiiiite the same as the Fiesta (lol) but rolling in style while I wait a few days for my car... I test drove one with Recaro's and moonroof but just didn't want to pay for them, so magnetic with black wheels will be worth the wait... I had a '16 Forte5 SX (fairly rare car, think 5 door Veloster Turbo) that I just couldn't stand the sloppy shifter and terrible suspension and poor fuel economy compared to the Fiesta. They are about identically quick but how I could toss around the Fiesta was amazing, but ya, Recaro's too hardcore for me, I'm a mid-'40's dad now but will always love to drive!

Congrats, hope you got a great deal too! :)

OP
G
Thread Starter #6
$

Is it new? Congrats and welcome. How much did it set you back?

19.8k including all fees and taxes in washington. 1k was in licensing, ouch, 1.7k in taxes. Seems like a fair price i think for a base magnetic. New.

at least i hope. :)

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome!

A little odd smell isn't unusual on a brand new motor. I bet you're right, and you won't notice it after a few drives. 4 bars on the temp gauge is normal in my car. Enjoy it!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
19.8k including all fees and taxes in washington. 1k was in licensing, ouch, 1.7k in taxes. Seems like a fair price i think for a base magnetic. New.

at least i hope. :)
Not bad at all, I am paying $18.8k out the door in Oregon and we have no sales tax but I did get the black wheels w/red calipers, so I think you did even a little better than me congrats!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Congrats on the fiesta! Is there any chance we will be seeing some pictures of it? I bet you have some amazing back drops to work with!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought it today and been having a blast. Was looking for a base white one with no moon roof, but had to settle on Magnetic, which is growing on me.

I came from a 2003 Civic si and it idled like buttah. The ST seems to have a slight clicky feel that i feel through the clutch, and its ever so slight. Is this normal?

And the first time i smashed it up a 1/4 ish hill here in seattle, i noticed a bit of a, not quite a burning smell but close. It went away quickly but am guessing it was the turbo burning residue off the outside of the turbo.

The last thing, the temp gauge has little markers showing the temp. I am showing 4 of those markers, which i hope is normal.

Cannot believe how much faster it is than my 03 si, wow.

Shortshifter is the first thing on my list and a taller shift knob.
Welcome to the forum. I've got a magnetic also, and just installed the Boomba adapter that I bought used from a member on here. I didn't realize how much a small 20% throw reduction enhances the driving experience!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Welcome to the forum. I've got a magnetic also, and just installed the Boomba adapter that I bought used from a member on here. I didn't realize how much a small 20% throw reduction enhances the driving experience!
What's the difference in the short throw kits, if you know? I see an adjustable FSWerks one for only $85, not sure what the difference in the Boomba one that is over $200...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^The Mountune under hood/top of transaxle housing 'plate' short throw reduces the throw the most (30% all by itself) of any of the other similar products, but also costs the most, generally.

Boomba offers an under hood plate with a 20% throw reduction over factory for $85.00, AND a shift lever/handle which goes in the console to REPLACE the factory shift handle (for $235.00) which offers variable adjustable throw reductions of 10% or 25%, which when combined with their plate will yield a throw reduction of 40%.
Their complete 'kit' of the two above items they sell for a discount @ $300.00.

I currently have the Mountune plate, and eventually want to get the interior Boomba handle/shift lever, and set it at 25% reduction for the greatest shift reduction offered by any product combo on the market for us right now. ;)

danbfree

3000 Post Club
^^^The Mountune under hood/top of transaxle housing 'plate' short throw reduces the throw the most (30% all by itself) of any of the other similar products, but also costs the most, generally.

Boomba offers an under hood plate with a 20% throw reduction over factory for $85.00, AND a shift lever/handle which goes in the console to REPLACE the factory shift handle (for $235.00) which offers variable adjustable throw reductions of 10% or 25%, which when combined with their plate will yield a throw reduction of 40%.
Their complete 'kit' of the two above items they sell for a discount @ $300.00.

I currently have the Mountune plate, and eventually want to get the interior Boomba handle/shift lever, and set it at 25% reduction for the greatest shift reduction offered by any product combo on the market for us right now. ;)
Nice, thanks for the explanation... Not sure the exact brand, but I think is FSWerks for $85, offers choice of 15 or 25% by itself, I think that alone will do what I'm looking for.

What's the difference in the short throw kits, if you know? I see an adjustable FSWerks one for only $85, not sure what the difference in the Boomba one that is over $200...
I see the others already answered this, but if I was buying new, I would be buying the FSWerks one. This Boomba one I have is nearly identical in design and price, but is only the single 20% option. Both this and the FS bolt to the shifter arm on the transmission. Litteraly a 10 minute job.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk