Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New member new 2018 us spec st white platinum

Tlr386

I've been drooling over this car since it first got announced and my wait is finally over. I've had much faster cars in the past but none of them are this much fun to drive, im loving it so far. Also my first brand new car as well so that's nice. Can't wait to put some miles on her so I can really start pushing it.

https://imageshack.com/i/pmP2DRFOj

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome to the fun zone! That's a beautiful color. Nice pic! My '17 has about 1700 miles on it now, so I've only recently gotten on it a few times. What a blast!

Break-in always tries my patience, but it's worth it. Here's a post on the topic. You can take it or leave it, but I've never heard of anyone having problems because they changed the oil frequently at first. Anecdotal, but my new vehicles always lasted a long time, made good power, and got great mileage. http://www.fiestast.org/forum/fiesta-st-discussions/277-engine-break-101-a.html

Lots of opinions on this. Do what you will, and enjoy your econobox that feels like a sports car!

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
welcome! i was WOT leaving the dealer and stage2 by 3000 miles. break-in is a myth unless you bought a Subaru

OP
T

Tlr386

Thread Starter #6
Thank you. yeah I've kind of been on the fence about break in. More so worried about the clutch getting a proper break in not necessarily the engine/turbo. I already beat the hell out of it on the test drive but now that it's mine I've been a bit more cautious lol. Power mods are going to be put off for a while mainly due to lack of funds. but first on my list is a wing riser kit, RMM, and debadge the fiesta and move the ST to the right side. Also going to remove the dealer decal on the back, then just enoy it in stock form for as long is I can.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
don't forget to take off the hideous front plate if the dealer stuck one on there. idk what FL laws are about those.

OP
T

Tlr386

Thread Starter #12
Annnd I already got a huge 2 foot crack across my driver side windshield 🤣 Unbelievable. I'm so pissed not even 150 miles on the car and a rock flies up and cracks it on i4 just my luck.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Annnd I already got a huge 2 foot crack across my driver side windshield ?????? Unbelievable. I'm so pissed not even 150 miles on the car and a rock flies up and cracks it on i4 just my luck.
I feel your pain. Same thing happened to me 3 months ago.

OP
T

Tlr386

Thread Starter #14
Yeah it sucks. I mean it's covered in my insurance but just didn't want to have to replace a windshield on a car that's one day old. I've probably owned around 12 cars in my life, all older cash cars and never had a windshield crack and the day I buy a brand new one bam 😂

Make sure to insist on a Ford OEM replacement windshield. Some insurance companies will resist spending the money for one.