Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Levels performance "race" intercooler

I can't imagine this doing anything with the stock crash bar, just not enough air flow.

Been wondering when he would build something like that. I think its beneficial even without direct air flow. Air will still move thru it, think how much air is being thrown thru the front of the car at speed. Air will be all over that thing. Plus surface area is still surface area.

I would stay away from that company.
When i first started looking to upgrade my intercooler I decided i wanted their V2 I/C.
Long story short there is no way to get a hold of them, not thru the phone or email. Three months after my order and no updates at all I decided to open a case with my CC company to get a refund. To my surprise they responded to the dispute saying they had actually shipped me an intercooler and provided a tracking # which of course was no good. Six months later my CC company ruled in my favor and gave me my money back.
The whole ordeal was a drag. I ended up going with DEPO, they delivered in less than a week.

I think its beneficial even without direct air flow. Air will still move thru it, think how much air is being thrown thru the front of the car at speed. Air will be all over that thing. Plus surface area is still surface area.
Again this would be an option if you were running a tubular crash bar like Deadhook or DaVinci, But I would NOT run this with a stock crash bar. Not all surface area is created equal. You can have too much of a good thing. The whole point of having an intercooler IS to have direct airflow. that is the whole point of the design. It doesn't matter how much air is being thrown around it if half of it is sandwiched behind a brick-wall and a hot radiator. If you fill in the 1.5 inches of space between the crash bar and radiator there IS NOT enough, if any, air flow to go through the fins of the IC to be effective at reducing charge air temp.

I am just saying, that without airflow through the fins, the air in the upper portion, yes, will move through internally, but it will not cool down and possibly heat up because of the lack of airflow. Our cars already have a dinky radiator and can overheat if pushed in stock form and reducing any more airflow to it will only cause more issues.

IMO, you are adding unnecessary weight and problems IF you use the stock crash bar and this intercooler.