Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2018 SCCA Classification

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Hi all.

So I have attempted to read through the new rule book (proposed version) and I cannot figure out where my current planned modifications place me. I think with the X47 I will be "prepared" but what exact class? Mods are listed below:

Tires are undecided: Either Bridgestone RE-71R or Federal RS-R or RS-RR. Would less than 200 TW matter?

Mountune RMM
CP-E Intake
Whoosh Intercooler
Stratified Tuned
Damond Vented OCC
Pumaspeed X47R Turbo
GFB DV+
Thermal R&D 3" Exhaust
Mountune Catted DP
Pierce Motorsports Lower 4 point brace, Upper strut brace, Rear torsion bar
RallyArmor Flaps
No-Pistons Evap canister shield
Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2, 17x7.5/4x108/45mm
Dark Ice Designs Hood strut kit
Pierce Motorsports Front tow hook
No-pistons Dead pedal, Pedal spacer
Motorstate Fire extinguisher bracket
Gentex 453 mirror
Boomba Ultimate shift kit
Redline Shift boot

Thanks all.

SCCA classing is fucked. So yes, I think you'll be in CSP and will be completely uncompetitive basically no matter what haha. So just don't worry about the classing and go out and have fun. In CSP nationals you'll be up against supercharged sub-2000 pound Miatas running 275 hoosiers haha.

Just an FYI if you get into road racing, NASA is MUCH better at classing modern Turbo cars.

SCCA - If you leave HS, you are not competitive.

NASA - There are local clubs that use NASA-like classing. You will be mid-pack (depending on local classing rules for mods) The groups consist of a lot of SCCA-like classes, which lowers your chances.

OP
kivnul

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #4
Thanks gents... I know I will not be competitive but I do want to be classed properly. It is just fun.

Recently had this discussion with our local FiST owning SCCA super fan. The classes are completely screwed which is fine if you just want to have fun.

Our local SCCA chapter is always complaining about people only coming to a handful of events rather than trying to show for most and honestly, if I have no hope of being competitive in class and am only out for fun, I’m only going to make a few events each season. If they want people to show up regularly, the classes need to mean something.

I agree about NASA, from what I’ve heard, their system keeps things more competitive. Unfortunately, they won’t come up and play in the SCCA’s backyard so we don’t see them.

OP
kivnul

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #6
SCCA classing is fucked. So yes, I think you'll be in CSP ....
Looking through Street Prepared, turbo upgrades are not allowed. (looks like all the other mods are ok though). I wonder if Street Modified works... SMF?

A local club in CT combined multiple SCCA classes and paxed them. Not really ideal for winning, but get to run against more people and a variety of cars heads up.

They went from 30+ classes which most had maybe 1 or 2 cars in (everyone gets a trophy), to (say) 6 classes.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Looking through Street Prepared, turbo upgrades are not allowed. (looks like all the other mods are ok though). I wonder if Street Modified works... SMF?

Yes smf is where I would go I was in your boat. It's still fun.

I ended up running with a Corvette group for their autox because trying to get into the fun class for SCCA was more trouble than it was worth. When it was full they would try and put you into the stock class for the FiST which would piss them off because I had a RMM, which would bump me up to the class full of super charged FRS/BRZs on full suspension which they would in turn get pissy when I edge one of them down.

Since I am not a Corvette owner or a member of the club my times are just for fun, and are motivation for the Vette owners to not let a cheapo Ford beat them on the overall spreadsheet.