Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    New Member 8 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    Tigard
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Mountune AP package for $589 a great starting point? Also octane Q's...

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Getting my new '17 FiST delivered in the next day or so and want to do some basics immediately. Apparently the Mountune package is cheaper and better included tune than the Cobb package, does this sound like a perfect starting point and maybe add a Stratisfied tune later? Also, how much lee-way is there with the octane in these tunes? I'm in the Northwest and we get 92 octane premium, would I really get a lot of knock if used a 93 tune? Or should I add a little octane booster before filling up and calling it good? Sure, I can get multiple files of 91 and 93 octane for the AP right? But no one does 92 specifically I believe so it would have to be a custom tune? Any thoughts appreciated in advance!

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    City
    JD
    State
    PR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would avoid the Mountune branded AP, because they are generally locked and only mountune can use them.
    I know this was before, i dont know if they are still doing it now
    2015 Performance Blue Fiesta ST, Recaros, Sunroof
    Cobb AccessPort (Stratified Flash tune), NGK6510, Resonator Delete, CPE FMIC, GFB DV+, Whoosh induction silicone hose
    Cobb RMM, Ramair crossover pipe gold taped, Mishimoto Cold and Hot charge pipes gold taped with symposer delete, ST200 Airbox
    Velossa Tech Big Mouth, Damond Oil Catch Can w/VTA & nylon sleeves, TB Performance stage 3 braces, Mountune Radiator,
    Hawk 5.0 brake pads, Mishimoto radiator hoses, LaminX headlight protectors, OEM all weather mats inc/ trunk, Maxon Design front lip

New Member 8 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Tigard
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by felopr View Post
    i would avoid the Mountune branded AP, because they are generally locked and only mountune can use them.
    Interesting, so no adding Stratisfied or other tunes, you are literally stuck using only theirs? I hear they are better than Cobb OTS tunes... I suppose I could just get the AP from Stratisfied and it includes their tune for free too, otherwise Mountune includes upgraded motor mount and drop in for $89 but could buy those separately, maybe just inserts for the mount, hmm.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Davenport
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

That's the MP215 or 230. You can buy a standard AP from mountune and get a custom Randy Nobles tune.

New Member 11 Rep Points The_Ryan's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Boston
    State
    MA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is included with that package? an AP alone is just $500, and like Quisp said, if you buy it from them then you get a custom tune.

New Member 8 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Tigard
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Quisp View Post
    That's the MP215 or 230. You can buy a standard AP from mountune and get a custom Randy Nobles tune.
    I don't think this one I'm talking about is the full MP215, it's just the AP, drop in and motor mount, I think the full MP215 is a bit different but this package does include the Mountune tune by Randy...

Edit: OK, so the MP215 is the Ford approved package with intake, etc. and costs $1000 (I'm assuming as it's more warranty friendly) but I figure this other package would be a great start especially considering you get to customize your tune with them for 45 days.

New Member 8 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Tigard
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Ryan View Post
    What is included with that package? an AP alone is just $500, and like Quisp said, if you buy it from them then you get a custom tune.
    You also get the drop in and motor mount for only another $89, so I figured it was a perfect place to start...

Member 70 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Elkhart
    State
    IN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by felopr View Post
    The MP215 "warranty friendly" (still not approved for '17s) tune is locked. They sell other APs that aren't. I'm assuming the OP bought the latter. In that case, you can load all kinds of custom tunes on it.
    2017 Magnetic, everything but the Recaros. MP 215, mountune shift kit and shift knob, Husky floor liners. That's all I'm doing, I swear!

New Member 8 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Tigard
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XR650R View Post
    The MP215 "warranty friendly" (still not approved for '17s) tune is locked. They sell other APs that aren't. I'm assuming the OP bought the latter. In that case, you can load all kinds of custom tunes on it.
    Yep, not going for that one, just the "FB1" package, still deciding as I take delivery of the car tonight or tomorrow... I assume that's what you mean, the non-MP215 isn't locked, and you get free custom tunes included for 45 days.

Member 70 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Elkhart
    State
    IN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by danbfree View Post
    Yep, not going for that one, just the "FB1" package, still deciding as I take delivery of the car tonight or tomorrow... I assume that's what you mean, the non-MP215 isn't locked, and you get free custom tunes included for 45 days.
    Yeah. Randy will work with you and give you a tune that works for the parts you have, your fuel, etc.
    2017 Magnetic, everything but the Recaros. MP 215, mountune shift kit and shift knob, Husky floor liners. That's all I'm doing, I swear!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast