Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hi from Oregon

HeHeC3p0

Hello everybody,
I dont have a fiesta yet, but Im sure I will have one soon, especially after seeing how much these are capable of.
I'm envisioning shipping a FiST across to Siberia and going round the world on some suspension, and of course the extended warranty. jk the world yes, albeit heavily modded

My question to you all though is, are you happy with the 1st gen FiST, 13?-17? Enough to justify a used purchase with a lot of miles, salvaged title, etc?
Or should I just get a new 2018 and wait for engine mods? etc.

Either way, I'm getting a FiST and eventually making one as rally sprc as possible.

Some background on myself, I've owned a bunch of random cars with like minded friends whom i took auto shop in highschool with, then bough a few street bikes, which Im selling for a FiST ??????

Heres a list of my random projects:

*Fave babe*
2003 WRX ~280whp/wtq: 16g@19psi 3300rpmkick, 720cc injectors, Top Mount Inter cooler(yuge), walboro? fuel oump, full cobb custom tune by a dude jon, tein coilovers tein front strut brace, 5zigen fn10rc (really light)s, 245 17 40 tires, we rode a lot of dirt roads jumpin yahtzee

1985 5.0 Mustang: comp cams, x pipe, flowmaster, ford racing posi rear, 3.73 gears , real fun last year carbureted

1965 el camino 350 only 2bbl but fun classic

1964 ford ranchero w/1968 mustang 302 engine

1978 dodge b100 w/ a slant six that was a beast of a shaggin wagon travel cruiser

and currently I drive a 2007 aveo 5s and an r6 while working on a gsxr 750 and cbr f3.

So thats where I'm from and why I sure as hell want to get a nice rally FiST ASAP. I'm heading in tomm to talk to the dealer and test drive one, maybe even a focus for fun.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hello everybody,
I dont have a fiesta yet, but Im sure I will have one soon, especially after seeing how much these are capable of.
I'm envisioning shipping a FiST across to Siberia and going round the world on some suspension, and of course the extended warranty. jk the world yes, albeit heavily modded

My question to you all though is, are you happy with the 1st gen FiST, 13?-17? Enough to justify a used purchase with a lot of miles, salvaged title, etc?
Or should I just get a new 2018 and wait for engine mods? etc.

Either way, I'm getting a FiST and eventually making one as rally sprc as possible.

Some background on myself, I've owned a bunch of random cars with like minded friends whom i took auto shop in highschool with, then bough a few street bikes, which Im selling for a FiST ������

Heres a list of my random projects:

*Fave babe*
2003 WRX ~280whp/wtq: 16g@19psi 3300rpmkick, 720cc injectors, Top Mount Inter cooler(yuge), walboro? fuel oump, full cobb custom tune by a dude jon, tein coilovers tein front strut brace, 5zigen fn10rc (really light)s, 245 17 40 tires, we rode a lot of dirt roads jumpin yahtzee

1985 5.0 Mustang: comp cams, x pipe, flowmaster, ford racing posi rear, 3.73 gears , real fun last year carbureted

1965 el camino 350 only 2bbl but fun classic

1964 ford ranchero w/1968 mustang 302 engine

1978 dodge b100 w/ a slant six that was a beast of a shaggin wagon travel cruiser

and currently I drive a 2007 aveo 5s and an r6 while working on a gsxr 750 and cbr f3.

So thats where I'm from and why I sure as hell want to get a nice rally FiST ASAP. I'm heading in tomm to talk to the dealer and test drive one, maybe even a focus for fun.
Welcome!

There are some owners here with some high mileage FiSTs that are still running fine, even with a lot of mods. I love the rally cars. Look at what mountune has done with them for some inspiration.

[video=youtube;WZhs_HTAACE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZhs_HTAACE[/video]

anticon

Welcome to another Oregonian! I was shopping around Portland in December and couldn't get anybody to really negotiate on price much. But St. Helens Ford had a great deal on the one I bought. Unfortunately, they don't have any more Fiestas. They do have a white Focus ST, without Recaros for around 20k, which I think is a killer deal, but not a Fiesta :( They also have a red Focus RS.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Welcome to another Oregonian! I was shopping around Portland in December and couldn't get anybody to really negotiate on price much. But St. Helens Ford had a great deal on the one I bought. Unfortunately, they don't have any more Fiestas. They do have a white Focus ST, without Recaros for around 20k, which I think is a killer deal, but not a Fiesta :( They also have a red Focus RS.
Just bought mine with black wheel option for $18k at Damerow Beaverton, there are tons of deals out there... to get the exact one I wanted (Magnetic w/black wheels, no other options) they had to pull it from Salem and will be in tomorrow night... But for someone who wanted Recaro's they could be had for prob $20k or less.

OP: There are lots of deals on '17's either 0% interest or $3k rebates plus discounts... The '18 literally only adds the rear camera by law, literally nothing else and there are very few out there but they are dealing '17's for well over $1000 off on top of those factory incentives, it's a great way to get a new little pocket rocket!

OP
H

HeHeC3p0

Thread Starter #11
Thanks eberybody! I just got back from the dealer, still no fiesta. Dealerships are funny though.

I test drove a FoST, really fun car, good turbo kick, didnt feel too heavy but thats comparing it to a wrx.

Drove the FiST, real fun, turbo seemed really nice throughout the gearing, suspension on both was great I still want a FiST.

$26k though for recarros, nav, sunroof and that was too much. Still looking.

Im contemplating doing a barebones rebuild or something to compensate the cost.

OP
H

HeHeC3p0

Thread Starter #12
Thanks eberybody! I just got back from the dealer, still no fiesta. Dealerships are funny though.

I test drove a FoST, really fun car, good turbo kick, didnt feel too heavy but thats comparing it to a wrx.

Drove the FiST, real fun, turbo seemed really nice throughout the gearing, suspension on both was great I still want a FiST.

$26k though for recarros, nav, sunroof and that was too much. Still looking. BTW this was at courtesy ford and lincoln.

anticon

danbfree

3000 Post Club

$26k though for recarros, nav, sunroof and that was too much. Still looking. BTW this was at courtesy ford and lincoln.

You should get at least $1200 off retail even if you take the low finance rate over rebates... I went with $3k rebate and non-prime 5.9% for 72 months and I was at $18.8k with only black wheels, including all fees, I don't see how you would have to pay more than $21k with Recaro's, you may have to go over to Damerow in Beaverton... Since they are literally the #1 volume dealer in the whole NW, they wheel and deal to make their money on volume... You can also try showing them the Kelly Blue Book on what's a fair deal to get you down a few grand... Good luck!

OP
H

HeHeC3p0

Thread Starter #15
I'll wait a little bit to buy a Fiesta ST from the dealer right now, especially because the jack@**es that drive around here dented the hell out of my left fender yesterday.. which Actually gave me more inspiration to go with just a fiesta shell style rally st with a beat to shit exterior, for real use as I'd rather do.

So as a quick question. Do you need Specifically a ST Fiesta frame if one wants to full cage rally mod it? Or will any fiesta frame do?

For $27k I'd love to make something rather than lose value instantly. And there are plenty of auctions I could snag one from... ( https://www.copart.com/lotSearchResults/?free=true&query=fiesta st&page=1 ) Specifically one with no frame damage.

Or a regular Fiesta, with a ST engine/trans swap into it.. because it will honestly take the same amount of time to fund either one or the other right now.