Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drove a 2015 WRX today...
10 Likes

Member 53 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points  
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Drove a 2015 WRX today...

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    ...and I was utterly unimpressed. I’ve been looking for something all whee drive to better suit Ohio winters, and after ruling out a focus rs due to price I settled on the idea of a WRX. The car itself looked great in person and on paper. That being said, the driving experience was rather lack luster. The interior, the onset of power, the “put you in your seat feeing” was all just lacking. Maybe my expeditions were too high, but compared to my base ST, the fiesta blows it away in pretty much every category except interior space and the steering wheel feel. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Was I expecting too much? I love Subaru as a brand, and I was really hoping to love the WRX. Unfortunately the experience just wasn’t there.

New Member 13 Rep Points 30packdlg's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Damn man I constantly debate the same thing if the WRX was/is better. Glad I got my ST. Even though I’m mad I never tried anything else. Good to hear that it’s not as fun.

Senior Member 898 Rep Points

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    NE
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

This just confirms all of the FiST reviews, and why car journalists love the FiST. When it was time to buy another car, I test drove a Focus ST, and was like: “WTF?!, I guess I’m buying another FiST then.” Lol, so yeah, I kind of know the feeling.

That’s a bummer though, really, because this just means it’s going to be that much harder to find a replacement when it’s needed in the future. Maybe I’ll just buy the 2018 FiST, so I can prolong the inevitable.
    2016 Kona Blue Fiesta ST- His
    2017 Magnetic Gray Fiesta ST- Hers
    2003 Mustang GT 5-speed - Whoever’s

Senior Member 129 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Truth in Ruin View Post
    This just confirms all of the FiST reviews, and why car journalists love the FiST. When it was time to buy another car, I test drove a Focus ST, and was like: “WTF?!, I guess I’m buying another FiST then.” Lol, so yeah, I kind of know the feeling.

That’s a bummer though, really, because this just means it’s going to be that much harder to find a replacement when it’s needed in the future. Maybe I’ll just buy the 2018 FiST, so I can prolong the inevitable.
    Exactly my sentiments...

But maybe the FiST will be still selling in other markets (i.e. Mexico) and we can just bring it across the border? Time will tell...

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    IN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

It's a pretty sturdy little motor. Could last a long time. http://dsportmag.com/the-tech/ford-e...jection-ccvtc/
    2017 Magnetic, everything but the Recaros. MP 215, mountune shift kit and shift knob, Husky floor liners. That's all I'm doing, I swear!.. OK, I lied. Also added an intake hose and symposer delete. But that really is all, I swear this time! Okay. just one other thing: A mountune RMM. Now I really am done, I promise!

Senior Member 129 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

I sure hope so...just yesterday it brought another smile to my face while driving to a (more distant) store and I was dreaming of my next road trip to start this year off with, now that I'm at nearly 60k miles now. Just in time for that 60k maintenance, then it's time to push it up another 5k.

Considering mine is just over two years old, I really hope that this engine is strong but I agree that it does seem to be so far...

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Medals
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

That lack of the "put you in the seat feeling" is because of the twin scroll turbo in them. The power band is more linear. Having driven a 2014 wrx and 2016 STI before driving the 2015 wrx i know the exact thing you are talking about. If the STI is in your budget, you should test drive that.

I will say that I prefer my FiST over my STI which is why I got rid of it. The FiST is way more fun for a fraction of the cost.

Member 47 Rep Points

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

I test drove a 17 WRX as well as the GTI and FoST before deciding on the FiST. I tried the WRX first because I really wanted an AWD car (much like the same reason as you, winter in Quebec) and the Golf R, FoRS and STi were out of my budget. I drove the WRX. It's a good car, but there was a certain fun factor that was totally missing. I REALLY wanted to love the car and I did, but I remembered when I drove a FiST some 2 years before and it was just so much more fun.

So I decided to try the others (GTI, FoST, even Veloster Turbo), could not try a FiST as there was absolutely none anywhere close by at that time. All of them were lacking something. Then I contacted a place to find me a FiST and they actually got one on a trade coming in. When to try it. I fell in love again.

I'm coming from a 12 sedan Fiesta. I loved the car, loved the driving dynamic of it, but was lacking in power. Every other car felt more engaging than the base Fiesta, but not 10k+ more engaging, while the FiST feels like it should be priced higher than the FoST for the feeling of the drive alone.
    2014 Tuxedo Black
    Power
    Cobb Stage 2 | ST200 airbox | Ramair filter | Mishimoto J-line intercooler | Velossa Big Mouth | Boomba BOV adapter
    Handling
    AWR 88a RMM | AET VUDU short shift | TBPerformance stage 3
    Style
    LED fog lights | LED inside lights | Shorty antenna | Muteki SR48 black | Red plastidip: Cup spoiler Bottom rear diffuser Mirror caps | Black plastidip : Stock wheels

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the comparison between the FiST and the WRX stock is a little weird. The FiST is better in the turns but the WRX is better off the line. The twin scroll turbo in the WRX gives power throughout the whole RPM range while the FiST gives you a blast of power while you're in the power band. I think the biggest aspect that needs to be considered is the desire to mod. For instance, the STi supposedly has a terrible tune that puts out similar power to the WRX but if you're gonna tune it and put a bunch of bolt-ons on it then the WRX is gonna be better in the long run.

They're both great cars but IMHO I think the Fiesta is the better car/price deal. Its way too much fun for its price and that makes other, more expensive cars look bad.

Member #
    Medals
    State
    KS
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by dustinmybutt View Post
    I think the comparison between the FiST and the WRX stock is a little weird. The FiST is better in the turns but the WRX is better off the line. The twin scroll turbo in the WRX gives power throughout the whole RPM range while the FiST gives you a blast of power while you're in the power band. I think the biggest aspect that needs to be considered is the desire to mod. For instance, the STi supposedly has a terrible tune that puts out similar power to the WRX but if you're gonna tune it and put a bunch of bolt-ons on it then the WRX is gonna be better in the long run.

They're both great cars but IMHO I think the Fiesta is the better car/price deal. Its way too much fun for its price and that makes other, more expensive cars look bad.
    That’s the deal for what you pay it can’t be beat for fun per $$$, like many others I tried a scooby and drove my fist and a fost back to back several times and couldn’t justify more for less although the others may be faster they don’t have that go kart on steroids effect. Spend a bit on a IC / filter/flash tune and boom it’s happy days

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast