Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Carbon fiber hood - notable gap with front bumper?

I've been shopping the carbon fiber Seibon OEM style hoods for the FiST but I noticed that there seems to be a notable gap with the front fender, looks like its got some weatherstripping in it or something?

Anyone have first hand experience with this hood and fitment comments (see red box area in pic)? Would love to see a pic on a Magnetic Metallic gray car too if anyone has one. Also curious what type of support webbing the hood has on the underside to prevent warping/etc like the OEM hood and if its coated underneath.

Thx again in advance!

Seibon Hood Pic.jpg

DvC

I've been shopping the carbon fiber Seibon OEM style hoods for the FiST but I noticed that there seems to be a notable gap with the front fender, looks like its got some weatherstripping in it or something?

Anyone have first hand experience with this hood and fitment comments (see red box area in pic)? Would love to see a pic on a Magnetic Metallic gray car too if anyone has one. Also curious what type of support webbing the hood has on the underside to prevent warping/etc like the OEM hood and if its coated underneath.

Thx again in advance!

View attachment 17005
all the carbon hoods available for the FiST have that hood gap. the weatherstrip looking stuff is already on your car as some sort of seal for the engine bay. Fairly certain the Seibon hoods are fiberglass underneath with nothing as heat shield. All carbon hoods are handmade and as such there is much to be desired with fitment. They do not fit like the stock hood.

OP
S
Thread Starter #4
Upon closer inspection, not sure I'm a fan of that fitment to be honest.. Looks kind of cheap

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Interesting that none of the hoods pictured have hood pins. Even Seibon acknowledges that they are required (for safety). It's probably not an issue with a tight gap and/or tight weatherstripping, but if you were to get a lot of air and uplift under there, hood pins would definitely be a good idea.

DvC

Interesting that none of the hoods pictured have hood pins. Even Seibon acknowledges that they are required (for safety). It's probably not an issue with a tight gap and/or tight weatherstripping, but if you were to get a lot of air and uplift under there, hood pins would definitely be a good idea.
of the 2 kinds of carbon hoods i had both closed like stock, clicking into the stock hood latch. no need for pins. when you see them up close you'll understand. my car has passed multiple tech inspections and i have done 140+ in my car without issue

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Also, the carbon hoods with vents help prevent that air pressure lifting effect.

Some sanctioning bodies might require hood pins even with the standard factory latches in their general competition rules for wheel to wheel road racing, time trial, and stage rally competitions.