Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ebay Hot Pipe

Hello All,

Anyone have experience with this Ebay Hot pipe? https://www.ebay.ca/itm/2012-2014-F...ash=item419fceb915:g:LtAAAOSwwbdWQuvV&vxp=mtr

It's a simple pipe so I don't see how someone could screw it up other than with fitment.

I have tons of T-bolt clamps so I can replace them if they are bad quality. I have been accumulating parts to try and max out the stock turbo with a tune. Budget bolt on "build".

Cheers!

Mods to date:
AP3
Intercooler
DV+ Valve
Drop in filter + Velossa tech big mouth + Silicone induction hose

i've had the bp racing crossover pipe installed for over a year now with no issues. Fitment and quality were good.

Bluedrank

So that ebay hot side pipe looks fine, but specifically I worry about the longevity of that bracket that mounts to the engine. It's been known to be a weak spot on some aftermarket pipes. You'll note that the Mountune and Whoosh pipe utilizes the stock part in that location and simply removed the resonator thing before it. I personally prefer just the simple J shaped pipe and would recommend you look in that direction unless you're actively building towards a larger turbo setup and need that extra airflow.

Plus with the Whoosh discount you really can't beat $80.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
If it was me, I would stick to a company that is known and one that actively supports the community. With that, I would avoid the eBay tube and go with Mountune or Whoosh. If you ever have an issue, they are available to help. These pipes are pretty cheap, so I wouldn't go cheaper and risk something from eBay. If you are going to operate the car where winter salt is present, I would strongly suggest a high grade stainless steel. The hot side charge pipe sits pretty low and gets hammered with salt. I have the Mountune pipe and a little brass wool and some metal polish has it looking like new after winter. The last thing I want to worry about is having coating or rusted flakes entering the engine.

OP
S
Thread Starter #9
Thanks for the advice from everyone.

Ron will be getting an order soon lol... no plans for a turbo upgrade. Did that already with my summer car and I don't want to worry about breaking things.