Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Seafoam?

Has anybody ever used sea foame in their FiST, and if so which vacuum line did you use OR did you use oil crankcase?

Has anybody ever used sea foame in their FiST, and if so which vacuum line did you use OR did you use oil crankcase?
See posts 283 and 284 in this thread: http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/3201-Ecoboost-Intake-Valve-Carbon-build-up/page29
If you read the whole thread, you will find a lot of discussion of Seafoam versus CRC. Seafoam smokes like crazy and is not engineered to be intake valve specific like the CRC cleaner. Also, for Seafoam you probably need to find a vacuum line you can use to suck the stuff out of a container. The CRC is an aerosol.

me32

1000 Post Club
Ive heard not to use seafoam in the vacuum lines on the ecoboost. only in the gas tank.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Sea foam makes a specific top end cleaner that's safe for GDI vehicles w/ super charged or turboed setups...go to https://seafoamsales.com and read about it.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sam4

Sea foam makes a specific top end cleaner that's safe for GDI vehicles w/ super charged or turboed setups...go to seafoam.com and read about it.

Very nice link to a motel on the Outer Banks! Heading there in a couple of months and will check it out.

Sam4

Sorry - shouldn't have been an a$$hole so early in the day! I used seafoam aerosol in my mazdaspeed3 via the brake booster line. While it did produce prolific amounts of smoke, I never noticed any changes, actually before or after. I didn't have any noticeable symptoms - it was just used as maintenance after 50K. Plenty of youtube how to's.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Very nice link to a motel on the Outer Banks! Heading there in a couple of months and will check it out.
I was guessing at the site....its now been updated