Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

love this car, where do I start?

ericm59

Hello Fiesta enthusiasts and gear heads alike.

Long story short, I work at a Ford dealership in sales. My used car manager picked this up a while ago and it didn't sell and was sitting on the lot. I was eyeing it up for a while and decided to pull the trigger and get a fun, turbo'd car and see what direction I can put it in.

Some things I'd like to point out, I completely understand the "built, not bought" mantra. I built an old ranger pick up that I loved dearly. I'm THAT guy that bought it without touching a thing. However, this car is too much fun to not play with! Take it easy on me, i'll need your help and advice to get me rolling.

The previous owner put on a front mount intercooler, lowered it, and at work we put a cat-back exhaust and new wheels on it. I'll be doing some other things to it as well but i'm unsure what "stage" it's in. 1? 2? 3? also i'm unsure if the previous owner tuned it or if its still on stock.

I appreciate the invite and look forward to combining minds with everyone over this hot hatch.

Attachments

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
WELCOME and CONGRATS!

Which cat back did you install?

Does it have an aftermarket rear motor mount (RMM on here) on it?

There is a large ST Club out of Smith Ford on RT. 31 in Washington, N.J., with most of their younger sales staff in Focus STs.
You work at Koch, Nazareth, Holman, somewhere else?

OP
ericm59

ericm59

Thread Starter #3
I'm honestly not sure if it has an RMM just yet. I was wondering if I should invest in the Cobb RMM (i've heard good things). It has a Tsudo cat-back, it's a bit noisy but not too bad. One of these days i'll get with my service manager and put it up on a lift to check some things out.

I work with Ciocca Ford in Souderton, PA. I'm familiar with RT. 31, I have a friend with a focus ST that's convincing me to join in on the group!

I'm honestly not sure if it has an RMM just yet. I was wondering if I should invest in the Cobb RMM (i've heard good things). It has a Tsudo cat-back, it's a bit noisy but not too bad. One of these days i'll get with my service manager and put it up on a lift to check some things out.

I work with Ciocca Ford in Souderton, PA. I'm familiar with RT. 31, I have a friend with a focus ST that's convincing me to join in on the group!
Oh damn I was actually going to pull the trigger on a Focus ST at Ciocca back in September but got the Fiesta instead. There are some great roads out there man enjoy it!

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome! I'm guessing that if the PO lowered it, they probably gave it a tune, too. Maybe, maybe not. Try it against a stock one and see if there's a noticeable difference.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

That's a decent commute, and luckily, it helps 'cook' the bad stuff out of your oil (especially in winter) since it gets fully up to temp, and is also better for preventing the carbon buildup on the back of the intake valves (as long as you 'get on it' often once it is fully warmed up). ;)

There are a BUNCH of people on here from the Souderton area (some even bought their FiSTs from Ciocca), as well as a few by Easton, and some up around the Scranton/W-B area.

OP
ericm59

ericm59

Thread Starter #11
That's a decent commute, and luckily, it helps 'cook' the bad stuff out of your oil (especially in winter) since it gets fully up to temp, and is also better for preventing the carbon buildup on the back of the intake valves (as long as you 'get on it' often once it is fully warmed up). ;)

There are a BUNCH of people on here from the Souderton area (some even bought their FiSTs from Ciocca), as well as a few by Easton, and some up around the Scranton/W-B area.
Oh really? I just started this job and I’m slowly getting familiar with the area. Maybe I’ll run into another gear head someday [emoji594][emoji100]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't see anyone else mention it, but a Cobb AP3 would be a good first purchase a bunch of reputable tuners sell them. Mines from stratified and mountune also sells them. You can also buy them from general performance part companies. I was in a Mazdaspeed in the past and as far as bang for the buck I don't think it can be beat.

You work at a Ford dealership so a tech can hook your car up to their computer and determine in no time if it has the stock tune or not. A Cobb AP allows an amazing transformation, especially since you already have the aftermarket FMIC. Buying a tune from Stratified or another tuner with a good reputation sure adds a lot of fun. I run a Stratified combo 93 and E30 tune and I will never look back.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Does anyone actually write tunes DIRECTLY into the ECM without the use of some type of hand held device (AP, SCT, Livernois, etc.)?

That's the way it was mostly done in the LSx community with an LS1 Edit program early on and then EFI Live, and HP Tuners later on, but I thought that NO ONE in this community does so on our platform. [dunno]

^^^Does anyone actually write tunes DIRECTLY into the ECM without the use of some type of hand held device (AP, SCT, Livernois, etc.)?

That's the way it was mostly done in the LSx community with an LS1 Edit program early on and then EFI Live, and HP Tuners later on, but I thought that NO ONE in this community does so on our platform. [dunno]
Not that I have seen at all. The only way someone would have left a tune on there is if they had decided they didn't care about selling their tuner and failed to uninstall, which I would assume is highly unlikely. Resale on APs is quick and good, so not uninstalling would be crazy.