Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Whoosh Motorsports Hot Side Pipe REVIEW

Trader history for pirite (0)

First things first, let's start with some things about it.
Build quality: Awesome
Fitment: Awesome
Price: Awesome
Company you're buying it from: Awesome

And now the cons.
No whoosh branding on it, That's the fast and furious in me coming out. For real the only con i can think of. Except for not owning it, that would be a massive con.

Compared to the stock hot side pipe:

Quality of the material used is top notch, not even a hint of a crush to the bend, and the inside of the pipe is smooth smooth smooth

Install of this can literally be done by anyone with a jack and some stands or a set of ramps. Tools needed - flat head screw driver.
Total time to install 10 min tops.

Fitment is perfect, and goes into the boost hoses further than the stock one did, speaking of boost hoses, you should get the Whoosh ones and install this at the same time. (read a review of those HERE)

After the install i drove to an undisclosed "test track" and did a dead stop, 2nd gear rolling and 3rd gear rolling pull.
Going totally off of feel, With the only other mods being Whoosh boost hoses, COBB drop in filter and RMM it feels like there's less lag, boost hits faster, and some spooling noises are a little more noticeable.

Conclusion -
Should you buy it: Yes
Will you see a ton of gains with this being your only mod: No

Get rid of that silly baffled hot side pipe and treat yourself to a great part for a great price
If that's your plan click HERE to order!

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Did I see your axle seal weeping? J/k...maybe true though...I just bought this also from whoosh.and I have the hose kit...intercooler etc...it will wait for install though until I have the Turbo install completed.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TDavis

1000 Post Club
That is one thing I was curious of; if you could hear the turbo a little more since that "baffle" is deleted. May be just placebo affect but I feel my turbo noise is a little more noticeable with the upgraded FMIC lol

Any pics of inside the old stock pipe? I was curious to see what is actually inside the stock pipe. [MENTION=8338]pirite[/MENTION]

OP
pirite
Thread Starter #5
Any pics of inside the old stock pipe? I was curious to see what is actually inside the stock pipe. [MENTION=8338]pirite[/MENTION]
i do not, but i can take one or two at some point this weekend.

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Just put this in my fist. Did it while I was doing an oil change and the old oil was draining out. Don't notice a whole.lot of change as I did a symposer delete BOV (also from whoosh) at the same time.

But DEFINITELY worth the couple.of bucks it costs to get rid of the restriction.

XanRules

any reason the hot pipes are a much more popular mod/part than the cold pipes? I've never had a car where the intercooler piping was a restriction so I am curious as to the benefits of doing one but not the other.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
any reason the hot pipes are a much more popular mod/part than the cold pipes? I've never had a car where the intercooler piping was a restriction so I am curious as to the benefits of doing one but not the other.
the intercooler from the factory isn't very good(small, plastic end tanks, heat soaks too quick, etc) but the charge pipes seem to be up to the task. This small hot side pipe section juist needs some help and who wants a sound baffle?
that's why it's replaced.
The silicone hose upgrades to the OEM charge pipes are don't expand under high boost pressure and will not blow off nearly as easy due to the tighter fit and higher quality clamps used.
Not mandatory mods but good to have if you can grab them while you are adding the upgraded FMIC

-Ron

XanRules

the intercooler from the factory isn't very good(small, plastic end tanks, heat soaks too quick, etc) but the charge pipes seem to be up to the task. This small hot side pipe section juist needs some help and who wants a sound baffle?
that's why it's replaced.
The silicone hose upgrades to the OEM charge pipes are don't expand under high boost pressure and will not blow off nearly as easy due to the tighter fit and higher quality clamps used.
Not mandatory mods but good to have if you can grab them while you are adding the upgraded FMIC

-Ron
Gotcha. So, essentially, the cold side pipe from the factory isn't a restriction, but the hot side pipe is, which is why folks usually only upgrade that one?

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Gotcha. So, essentially, the cold side pipe from the factory isn't a restriction, but the hot side pipe is, which is why folks usually only upgrade that one?
the intercooler pipes from the factory aren't a restriction. The only part of the entire hot/cold side(s) worth replacing is the small hot section due to the baffles we just discussed

I would like to replace the 2 stock hoses that connect this pipe at the same time.
Do you sell just these 2 hoses?
I don't really need the whole 6 piece hose kit.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I would like to replace the 2 stock hoses that connect this pipe at the same time.
Do you sell just these 2 hoses?
I don't really need the whole 6 piece hose kit.
we don't sell the 2 hoses alone, sorry. You could always keep the others around when you replace the intercooler later on...
the entire kit is very reasonably priced
take a look

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/2014-2017-ford-fiesta-st/products/whoosh-brand-2014-intercooler-boost-hose-kit-free-shipping

jayrod1980

I feel like I’m the king of necroposting lately. I recently bought a bravo alpha IC from Ron and quickly discovered my modified MAPerformance hot side pipe was no longer stiff enough in placement due to the silicone elbows on the IC to keep it from hitting the Pierce Motorsport brace I have. I installed the stock hot side pipe since it has those connections to the oil pan to keep it from hanging low enough to hit the bar.

I notice now I get a lot more boom out of my MAPerformance CBE (bad boom!) and think it’s probably from the hot side pipe. Am I crazy?

My former hard hot pipes were awesome and seemed to give less lag and the car was tuned for them. I’m probably just going to pull the trigger on this whoosh pipe since it’s so cheap and will hold me over until I get my s280 kit (which has its own hot side pipe).

Has anyone else noticed the stock pipe drone/boom sounds?