Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Are There Covers for Holes in Center Consoles

anticon

Does anybody make covers for the holes in the center console? Specifically the hole under the climate controls and the hole where the 12 V (cigarette lighter) ports are? What about the hole in the dash above the glove compartment, where there used to be an LED in a 2017? I'm just asking because I had some stuff in the one under the climate control and it all slid out. I was thinking I could put some anti-slip stuff, but then I thought it might be nicer with a cover. Thanks.

cxwrench

Why don't you put the stuff in the cubby under the armrest? It's not really a hole above the glove compartment, it's more of a 'styling feature'. Good luck finding a cover made specifically for that.

That void under the climate control knobs is definitely an eye sore. I have no idea what to use it for, so I don't use it at all.

I've been planning to mount some additional power for a driving camera. I've seen people mount gauges down there, but it doesn't make sense since they aren't in line of site.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Lol that's about right. I never used it for anything until a few days ago. I broke the clip for my garage opener so I just double-sided taped it into that little cubby hole. Works great. That's about as useful it'll ever get I think.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Everyone always says things fall out, but I’ve been butting my wallet in there for the last 2 years without it ever falling out. I regularly rip 2-3-4 as well as blast thru some corners and it’s never moved.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Your wallet must be empty. Not enough inertia.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I built this one for my 2011 Fiesta SEL.
I cannot remember what I was going to use the 5 switches for.
I think one was going to be for Fog Lights but that is not needed for the ST.

Dave

There are 3 or 4 guys in the UK that 3D print custom covers for folks for the hole in the dash, but they won't fit the US cars. I'm kind of shocked nobody hasn't ripped off their designs and started doing that in the US.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
The cubby thats underneath the climate control is perfect for my wallet and it doesn't fly out of it either.

Metal??? They could print these things for 50 cents on a 3D printer. WHY on earth would they make them out of metal???
Well, he does CNC not 3d printing...so haha.

Ordered mine up! $40cad after conversion and shipping

OP
anticon

anticon

Thread Starter #20
I was thinking you could make it into a door with a plastic hinge with double sided tape and a little magnetic stop.