Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DHM head studs Torque specs and sequence

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
So, I lost the spec sheet on how to install my head studs and my builder is ready to install my cylinder head onto my built shortblock. I was hoping maybe someone on this forum purchased DHM head studs and could post pictures of the sheet with the sequence and torque specs.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quisp

1000 Post Club
I found one on eBay and he posted instructions in the description.
Can I install these without removing the cylinder head?

Yes, However you must remove one bolt at a time in the OEM sequence and torque the stud to 70ft/lbs. Once all studs are installed you must loosen one nut at a time in OEM order lube it and torque it to 70ft/lbs just like in the instructions.

So, I lost the spec sheet on how to install my head studs and my builder is ready to install my cylinder head onto my built shortblock. I was hoping maybe someone on this forum purchased DHM head studs and could post pictures of the sheet with the sequence and torque specs.

Thanks in advance!

NOTE: Make sure that no fluids are present in the cylinder head bolt threaded bores.

Torque :
Stage 1: 44 lb.in (5 Nm)
Stage 2: 133 lb.in (15 Nm)
Stage 3: 26 lb.ft (35 Nm)
Stage 4: 90°
Stage 5: Tighten an additional:: 90°

This is the spec from ALLDATA, not sure if the DHM studs are different.

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
I found one on eBay and he posted instructions in the description.
Can I install these without removing the cylinder head?

Yes, However you must remove one bolt at a time in the OEM sequence and torque the stud to 70ft/lbs. Once all studs are installed you must loosen one nut at a time in OEM order lube it and torque it to 70ft/lbs just like in the instructions.
I just called arp and confirmed this. Thank you so much.