Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TEXAS Three Twisted Sisters Cruise April 7th

DaveG99

https://www.facebook.com/events/312778232578244/?ti=cl

The north texas ST group is doing a cruise down into the Texas Hill Country. We will be running the three twisted sisters. These roads are well known. This is a 2 day event And it will end at a meet in Austin on Sunday the 8th at a brewery/restaurant. We are meeting up with the austin ST group there.

We have 20 cars going so far

Last edited:
OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #2
Poated from facebook:

Its time for the North Texas ST Spring Cruise. We are switching it up this spring by heading south to the Texas Hill Country. After this cruise we can say we did the Three Twisted Sisters! I have been researching diligently and have come up with a pretty good plan that should put us on some great roads.

April 6th (Friday): We will be driving down to North San Antonio on April 6th afternoon/evening and getting a hotel in the Northern part of San Antonio. Friday is not a group cruise. Due to different work schedules on Friday we just arrive when we can so that we can be ready at 8am on Saturday morning to start the cruise. In the past we have made some informal groups and drove out together though. Northern San Antonio is about a 4 hour drive from Dallas

Hotel details and info will be posted soon. Like most the cruises we normally get hotels that are decent and cost around $100 a night.

Day 1 (Saturday) : We will be driving to Kerrville Texas from our hotel in San Antonio and heading South along hwy 16 towards Medina. Then we will head west on ranch road 337 towards Leaky Texas. From Leaky we will head North on Ranch Road 336 until we get to hwy41. We will head west on hwy 41 for about 15 miles and then turn South onto Ranch Road 335. We will take Ranch Road 335 all the way down to Camp Wood TX and then turn East on Ranch Road 337 towards Leaky. Once we get to Leaky we will stop for some lunch at the Bent Rim Grill. Then we will head up hwy 83 north to hwy 39 East and go towards the Kerrville area where we will be spending the night Saturday. If we have enough time we may go to Lukenbach TX for a visit. There is also a Stonehenge replica near Kerrville were we can take some pictures. 275-300 miles total.

Day 2 (Sunday): Leaving the hotel at 8am. These roads are called "Hippie Hollow Horror" and "Hill Country Back Roads" on motorcycleroads.com . We will Head North From the Kerrville area to Marble Falls TX. From there we will drive East on 1431 and head North on 341. We will then turn right on 340 and take that until it T's off and we will turn left at the T (double heart ranch). Then a right on 335 and take that up to 330 where it T's again and we will turn right at this T. We will take this to another T in the road and make a right on that road which is FM 243. There is a Mt Zion Church on that corner. This road will turn into 1174 and we will continue South. Then we will turn left on 328 which is called Cow Creek road. We will take this until we get to 1431 where we will turn left towards Austin. This road circles around the lake and turns into Lime Creek Road. Lime Creek Road is pretty famous. This is about a 3.5 hour drive and roughly 150 miles.

Sunday ST meet/lunch:
We will be meeting some members of the Austin ST group at The Oasis Texas Brewing Company http://otxbc.com/ for a lunch/meet get together from 12pm-2pm. Than after that we will head home to Dallas which is 3 hours away.

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #3
I'll keep this thread updated.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
btw it's Leakey, pronounced LAY-key, and Luckenbach, pronounced LOO-kin-bock.

As for the Sisters, I and my friends like to run it clockwise. The 3 sisters have 3 distinct personalities and we like to finish off the ride on 336 coming south back to Leakey. If you just randomly chose the counter-clockwise direction then I'd consider polling the audience to see if they have a preference.

Hopefully I can make it.

Awesome, i will def try to make this! BTW y'all, one of the absolute BEST roads in TX is right by the Oasis, so don't drink too much if you wanna enjoy the road. Sundays can get pretty crowded with slow cars, but if you can find a break in traffic the roads to take are Bullock Hollow to Volente Rd to Lime Creek Rd. There is a reducing radius turn I have marked with red reflectors, be careful as that turn has claimed many cars and motorcycles.

Lime creek road is a blast to drive, but as you mentioned can sometimes get crowded with groups of bicyclist and other motorists. Also worth to mention that cops have been patrolling heavily now since all the new construction and residents have put many complaints.

But even at normal speeds, the road will have you grining from ear to ear.

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #8
I have read that most people (motorcycles) run the sisters clockwise. That is why I chose to run it counterclockwise. I don't want to get stuck behind the pirates!

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #11
Our base for this trip will be the spring hill suites by Bass Pro Shops and six flags off I10 in Northern San Antonio. Its 1 hour from the start of Saturdays fun roads and about 1.5 hours from the start Sundays fun roads. Its a brand new hotel with lots of dinning options in the immediate area. Feel free to stay in any hotel in that area if this one doesnt work for you. The current rate on 2/21 is $116/night. We will be here for Friday AND Saturday night.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/satsn-springhill-suites-san-antonio-northwest-at-the-rim/

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #14
Less than a month away. We have 20 cars going so far. And we are meeting up with a bunch of cars from the Austin group on Sunday. Should be a great time!

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #17
Not this weekend but the next. Its almost time!

I just moved from Rochester ny to cedar park tx. I won’t be able to do this hole trip, but I’m like 10 minutes away from lime creek road, is there any way to find out what time you guys will be there to meet up

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #19
I just moved from Rochester ny to cedar park tx. I won’t be able to do this hole trip, but I’m like 10 minutes away from lime creek road, is there any way to find out what time you guys will be there to meet up
Do you have facebook? Join the North Texas ST group and keep an eye on the event page