Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Added new track seats

yes I had the recaro's and they were good for the road it wan when I tried the harnesses. the headrest forces the belts into your neck, they were also very heavy. if I was not tracking the car I would have kept the recaro seats.
If you were considering donating your old recaros to an underprivileged gentleman for the holiday season, I'll gladly allow that charity to fall upon myself.

Should I pm you my address? Lol

HaveBlue83

The shoulder straps being bolted to the rear seat holes is dangerous. No more that a 45deg angle down is ideal. Best route is a 4-6pt cage and a harness bar directly behing the seats. You want the harnesses to go straight back, otherwide they compress your spine when you hit something.

Drive safe. Set it up correctly.

Iceman117

The shoulder straps being bolted to the rear seat holes is dangerous. No more that a 45deg angle down is ideal. Best route is a 4-6pt cage and a harness bar directly behing the seats. You want the harnesses to go straight back, otherwide they compress your spine when you hit something.

Drive safe. Set it up correctly.
Truth! Does anybody make a bolt in harness bar yet?

chi

Sorry for bumping this old thread. Am looking at getting one piece buckets and would love any more details about harness bars or seat fittings anyone may have.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I also eventually want to do this (ONE of the reasons why I did not bother with the factory Recaros).

But, many on here warn of the (major accident) dangers/possible fatality of daily street driving the one piece racing shells, even with a 4-6 point roll bar/back of seat brace, let alone a full, beyond most sanctioning bodies' safety specs, cage, and I am starting to believe that they are CORRECT in their alarms about this mod.

Even though they weigh more, I will probably just go with one of the racing shell shaped/BIG bolstered, but street type, NON-FIA/SFI approved, aftermarket recliners (i.e.; Cobra Daytonas, Sparco R600s, Status Spas, etc. in an alcantara material). ;)

Interesting about the seats, i have been looking into the harness bar as well and have found anything, may just design my own, i need some new projects.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Why would one piece buckets be any worse in a FiST vs other cars?
Supposedly because they are NOT designed to be able to fail/give way backwards (towards the rear of the car), like a recliner is, and if/when they do, they crack with sharp shards which will then be driven into your spine (among other reasons I hope Rick, and others, will come on and explain).
Also, it IS a hazard in every other car, but the owners just don't care, or are totally oblivious to the dangers involved.
(UNLESS the car was actually designed/crash tested for shells, and usually it is in cars with some sort of bulkhead right behind the driver, as in a roadster, or mid-engined car.)

I wanted to do light racing shells as well, but they convinced me otherwise, in a daily driven, mostly street car.
Besides, you will eventually crack/deform the outside bolster of the shell from ingress/egress, on a daily driver, no matter how careful you are to lift yourself up and over that bolster every time. [:(]

for the seat airbag delete I wired in some 2.2ohm resistors I made up and for the harnesses the sparco subframe had seatbelt mounting points at the rear I used for the lap belts and I used the rear seat mounting holes for the shoulder straps
Curious as to how you wired the resistors. I just recently bought sparco seats and the rails with the supporting hardware. Planned on going to Fry's electronics to buy 2.2 ohm resistors and twist 2 of them them up to the airbag sensor. Not sure if there is any difference regarding years but I have a 2016 FisT.

Side mount, full race FIA one piece 'shells', or one of their bottom mount recliner seats (or non-FIA shell type, or tube frame one piece bottom mount seats)?
I'm doing occasional AutoX / Canyon. I purchased the Sparco r100 seat which is their street series reclineable. The mount I purchased is the 600 series seat base. The base will allow me to retain the stock seat belt set up for daily driving.

Also did a bit of research and found the torque specs that anchor the seat to floor board is 38nm. Seat belt / belt tensioner is 53nm.

Links for the stuff i've purchased below.

Seats:
http://www.sparcousa.com/product/r100

Base: ( passenger base model # 600SB146R // Driver side base model # 600SB146L )

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sro-600sb146l
http://www.sparcousa.com/product/seat-base-600-series

Rail / track slider:

http://www.sparcousa.com/product/track-set-slider

Hardware:( Street series seats require the #50001 kit)

http://www.sparcousa.com/product/hardware-spacer-kits

chi

[MENTION=6401]tsunami105[/MENTION] Did your ride height change at all with the R100s?

[MENTION=6401]tsunami105[/MENTION] Did your ride height change at all with the R100s?
I'll make note of it and follow up. I just ordered everything earlier this morning. I'm debating whether or not to use the track rails as it'll raise me up higher. One of my issues is im 6'1 250 lbs. my stock cloth seats are as low as it gets but with a helmet I can feel the top of my helmet rub against the roof liner.