Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Added new track seats

just swapped out the seats for some sparco pro 2000/2 seats for the track, I used the sparco fiesta subframes which I had to mod slightly so that I could sit low enough but quite happy with the end result.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

OP
ian.j
Thread Starter #3
yep daily driver, kept the front seatbelt's in and mounted the seats on runners. if I slide the seat back its not to bad to get in and out off

OP
ian.j
Thread Starter #5
for the seat airbag delete I wired in some 2.2ohm resistors I made up and for the harnesses the sparco subframe had seatbelt mounting points at the rear I used for the lap belts and I used the rear seat mounting holes for the shoulder straps

OP
ian.j
Thread Starter #8

Perry

What was the mod you had to do to the seats to get them to let you sit low enough?

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Ian.j
If youd like to, edit your first post as more of a how to, and I can make it a sticky!
If not, no big deal, I'll do it when I get around to doing this myself haha

OP
ian.j
Thread Starter #12
Ill try to do a write up soon, working long hours at the moment.
CanadianST the only reason I did this is the standard seats were no good for harnesses and I like them for trackdays as being pulled tight down in to a good seat lets you feel what the car is doing under you so much better

CanadianST

CanadianST the only reason I did this is the standard seats were no good for harnesses and I like them for trackdays as being pulled tight down in to a good seat lets you feel what the car is doing under you so much better
I figured, they look good. Did you have the Recaro's at first, if so how do you find them compared to the stock seats?

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
No worries, take your time

OP
ian.j
Thread Starter #15
I figured, they look good. Did you have the Recaro's at first, if so how do you find them compared to the stock seats?
yes I had the recaro's and they were good for the road it wan when I tried the harnesses. the headrest forces the belts into your neck, they were also very heavy. if I was not tracking the car I would have kept the recaro seats.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
yes I had the recaro's and they were good for the road it wan when I tried the harnesses. the headrest forces the belts into your neck, they were also very heavy. if I was not tracking the car I would have kept the recaro seats.
I wish I had got the damn recaros. The stock seats suck...

Congrats on a great mod. Too often the cars are modified for more power and not more than the optional Recaro's are devoted to the driver. I applaud you for tackling one of the most important mod's for competition events...securing the driver in place which allows you to maximize the power, handling and control of our FiST's.

Is it possible to slide the seat to the front and slip through the gap into the back? Is there enough space? I had the Recaro Pole Position Track seats in my BMW, and it was no problem to sit in the back without without tilting the seat.

OP
ian.j
Thread Starter #20
Is it possible to slide the seat to the front and slip through the gap into the back? Is there enough space? I had the Recaro Pole Position Track seats in my BMW, and it was no problem to sit in the back without without tilting the seat.
no chance, that's why I just removed the back seat as no one could get in there