Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Valvoline "Modern Engine" synthetic oil

OP
CGLENN27
Thread Starter #2
I apologize everyone.... after calling around to a few places, i found an autozone that has it.

OP
CGLENN27
Thread Starter #5
Keep us posted on how you like it. Its brand spanking new.
I plan to possibly do some Blackstone lab samples. I used to be a Mobil1 guy. Used it in everything but when looking at the big comprehensive Blackstone report they did comparing the various oils (which the difference is so minuscule, it really wouldn't matter much) the Mobil1 wasn't performing as good as some others. The biggest reason I'm choosing to run this oil for the foreseeable future is because its specifically formulated for GDI engines, turbo engines, and smaller displacement engines and claims to help keep those dreaded intake valves clean. So the little extra coin for this oil, realistically, is only buying me piece of mind when in all reality any 5w-30 syn would work just fine. But I know I wanna own this car for at least 10 years so.... maybe it will pay off?

OP
CGLENN27
Thread Starter #6
How can a person tell if they like a particular oil?
Oil analysis, visual inspection after a certain mileage....i mean that's about it. If there proves to be a good added benefit to running this oil, who knows? I just like that there is an oil that seems to be tailored to the type of engines we have.

I have an oil change coming up and this is my next choice, if I could find it locally! How much was it at Autozone if I may ask?

With in a couple dollars of any other brand. I'm just not a fan of Valvoline
I’m used to buying penzoil platnium at Walmart for under $25 a jug. The same oil at part stores is almost $40 or more. Maybe I’m just cheap but I couldn’t see spending more than $35 on a jug of oil.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
Oil is all up to the person. I grew up on Castro from my dad and once I grew up I learned their synthetics are trash so went to Mobil and Rotella T6 only with OEM or Mobil or Napa Gold filters

And I you spend $25 at Wal-Mart for the oil and $9 for the filter so it's all the same price cause you get the discounts at AutoZone for like $34 with all Mobil stuff

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Oil is all up to the person. I grew up on Castro from my dad and once I grew up I learned their synthetics are trash so went to Mobil and Rotella T6 only with OEM or Mobil or Napa Gold filters

And I you spend $25 at Wal-Mart for the oil and $9 for the filter so it's all the same price cause you get the discounts at AutoZone for like $34 with all Mobil stuff
Meh, I just pay $3.97 for a Motorcraft and call it a day. Never have an oil change over 30 bucks including tax. But I agree it’s all what folks prefer! I run t6 with a wix filter on my built motor Honda and it works great in that application, also coming in under 30 bucks.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Those are awfully HIGH NOACK volatility numbers for oils which are supposedly geared towards use in (T)GDI engines. [confuse]

The oil I want to use in the spring has a NOACK number HALF (or less) of those listed above. ;)
What oil is that?