Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Announcement: whoosh motorsports is now an Authorized revo Dealer

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #21
Thanks for running such a great business focused on customer service!! BTW, you should sell Woosh license plate frames!
I'm not sure if it was you or someone else that made that suggestion before but I am having a small run of them done for the spring - thank you

You should start a build thread!
Well, the problem with that is that I have a hard time slowing down to take pictures! When I get going on a project, I work fast and it would be like torture to slow down to document the process :)

Maybe I will force myself though with the Revo turbo install.

I'm not sure if it was you or someone else that made that suggestion before but I am having a small run of them done for the spring - thank you
Excellent! It wasn't me, but I will certainly look forward to buying one of those. I have become a bit of a Woosh fanboy ;) You are like my Amazon Prime for Fiestas. If you don't sell it, I get sad!

So, while the Revo site doesn't have a ton of engineering data, the folks who actually manufacture the turbo (Turbo Technics) do. I would encourage anyone considering this turbo to do some reading on the TT website.

Here are a couple of good ones to read:

http://www.turbotechnics.com/turbochargers/hybrid-performance/what-is-a-hybrid-turbo/

http://www.turbotechnics.com/

http://www.turbotechnics.com/about-tt/interesting-facts/

http://www.turbotechnics.com/turbochargers/faq/

Last edited:
How exactly is the Revo software handled? It it a stand-alone PnP "chip" type or does it flash with it's own handheld? Is it compatible with a Cobb Accessport?

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #27
How exactly is the Revo software handled? It it a stand-alone PnP "chip" type or does it flash with it's own handheld? Is it compatible with a Cobb Accessport?
Your choice is to install the revo turbo and intake then have the car flashed with revo software at an authorized revo dealer.
or
have a competent COBB pro tuner handle the tuning as they would any hybrid turbo based on your other modifications and fuel type used

If sitting "Stage 3" with just bolt-ons like upgraded FMIC, big-mouth scoop with hi-flow panel in stock airbox, Mishimoto intake tube, catless DP, Cobb catback and, of course, an AccessPort, what would be the recommended additional items required to run this Revo Hybrid turbo? Can you separate the essential "Must-haves" from the really nice-to-haves. For example, must one get alternative BPV (BOV) due to stock location on turbo.

Very interested in this setup.

P.S. - what is the Wastegate spring rating that it comes with standard?

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #29
If sitting "Stage 3" with just bolt-ons like upgraded FMIC, big-mouth scoop with hi-flow panel in stock airbox, Mishimoto intake tube, catless DP, Cobb catback and, of course, an AccessPort, what would be the recommended additional items required to run this Revo Hybrid turbo? Can you separate the essential "Must-haves" from the really nice-to-haves. For example, must one get alternative BPV (BOV) due to stock location on turbo.

Very interested in this setup.

P.S. - what is the Wastegate spring rating that it comes with standard?
the parts you have including the intake should work fine with the revo turbo
The turbo includes mounting of the OEM bypass valve via remote mount (see pic of included parts) so your OEM valve should suffice although the GFB upgrade would still be advisable

Your set up seemingly is a good candidate for this upgrade
As for the wastegate, I'd have to ping revo for the wga factory setting

the parts you have including the intake should work fine with the revo turbo
The turbo includes mounting of the OEM bypass valve via remote mount (see pic of included parts) so your OEM valve should suffice although the GFB upgrade would still be advisable.

Your set up seemingly is a good candidate for this upgrade
As for the wastegate, I'd have to ping revo for the wga factory setting
Thanks Ron!

Actually do have the DV+ internals already, just forget about that mod often.
Now the hard decision..... to power upgrade or not.... That is the Question! :)

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #31
Thanks Ron!

Actually do have the DV+ internals already, just forget about that mod often.
Now the hard decision..... to power upgrade or not.... That is the Question! :)
1 step at a time
we have that other project going on, I'll have info for you tomorrow morning
there's a literal pallet of revo stock so there's plenty to go around....no rush!

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #32
new delivery coming from revo this week

turbos, rear motor mounts, rear hatch badges, all kinds of goodies!!!!

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #33
revo metal badges are in for the rear hatch area
place this under your ST logo to show the great parts you are running on your Fiesta

if you are equipped with 2 or more revo parts on your Fiesta (purchased from out store)
we will supply you with this badge FREE of charge

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #34
we have (1) revo turbo kit (and Tune+ wastateates) in stock right now

grab it while it's available!
The kits have been hard to come be lately, we have literally dried up UK stock while Turbo Technics is building more turbos for us....