Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Livernois Motorsports Tune +18hp / +65tq

These may be silly questions but is it worth doing this if I'm going to run 87 a bunch of the time? Are there tunes that would improve performance while still using 87? Are the maps easily swap-able like the Cobb when I want to run 87? I have an Injen cold air intake and fswerks cat back-would I/should I need/get a custom tune for this particular setup? We can also get our hands on 94 up here :D

Thanks!

Don't see why not BUT it would be best if the MFG or reseller answered this just to be sure.. as for the rest of this post well played Sir ;)
Thanks Rodmoe-congrats on the car of the month too! Yeah, was hoping maybe the livernois guys would pipe in tomorrow during working hours....

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thanks Rodmoe-congrats on the car of the month too! Yeah, was hoping maybe the livernois guys would pipe in tomorrow during working hours....
Thank You and You are very Welcome I have not used their system and thats a shame cuz it only means I ran out of money.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Back On topic and if the OP would like the thread cleaned up just ask we kinda got off topic as happens around here. No biggy but as a courtesy to our vendors if they want we will do some housekeeping ;)

I think the last question was "Can you switch maps very easily?"

These may be silly questions but is it worth doing this if I'm going to run 87 a bunch of the time? Are there tunes that would improve performance while still using 87? Are the maps easily swap-able like the Cobb when I want to run 87? I have an Injen cold air intake and fswerks cat back-would I/should I need/get a custom tune for this particular setup? We can also get our hands on 94 up here :D

Thanks!
Truthfully, we could technically do a tune around 87, but it wouldn't improve power. These cars are designed to run 91 stock, and can use 87 in a pinch, but have to pull power out to do so. We would be no different, having to pull out power to make it run on 87. It might make more than the stock 87 mode, but still less than 91 octane stock. But to answer can you switch back and forth easily, yes, these program very quickly with our tuner, so it is a fast process.

I bet he still makes more power with those bolt ons on 87 than without them. Wish he had dyno'd before and after. I totally get running 93 with tuning, but I though I read Cobb includes a MPG mode.
Based on our own testing, likely not. All of the EcoBoost vehicles torque model so effectively that they will scale pack power when adding things like an intake and exhaust unless you tune for them. Many times we see a reduction in power because it will overshoot the correction.

What type of mpg are you getting on 87. I gained 2mpg on 91 over 87. So for me the 2mpg gain is worth paying the extra $2.00 a fill up.
I am not surprised to see a drastic change on fuel alone. On our testing, running the performance tune essentially improves economy enough to the point that it eradicates any cost savings by running 87 since 87 will results in a few MPG less than premium fuel with our tune.

Back On topic and if the OP would like the thread cleaned up just ask we kinda got off topic as happens around here. No biggy but as a courtesy to our vendors if they want we will do some housekeeping ;)

I think the last question was "Can you switch maps very easily?"
Yes, indeed you can.

What are the performance gains with the 91 tune? I can't get 93 Octane here in California.

I'm originally from Michigan, I respect the work you all do and would love to buy, just want some numbers if possible.

That makes sense, so long as the curves are pretty much the same, just moved down a little due to the octane, I don't really need to see the graph. Thanks!

I saw gains on my N/A Z28's from bolt ons, but definitely gained more when they were dyno tuned. Fully expect that. I think this tune would really make better use of the 93 octane as mine has gotten the same MPG on 2 tanks of 87 as it did on 2 tanks of 93. Maybe it's because it's not fully broken in, not sure. These tuners really turn this car into an even more fun daily driver with such huge torque gains. I enjoy just rolling on the throttle from time to time. I hardly ever try to take off like my reaction time and ET from one light to the next mean everything. Would there be a file download one would get if you went from stock to modified after buying the tuner? Sorry, probably been asked before.

I saw gains on my N/A Z28's from bolt ons, but definitely gained more when they were dyno tuned. Fully expect that. I think this tune would really make better use of the 93 octane as mine has gotten the same MPG on 2 tanks of 87 as it did on 2 tanks of 93. Maybe it's because it's not fully broken in, not sure. These tuners really turn this car into an even more fun daily driver with such huge torque gains. I enjoy just rolling on the throttle from time to time. I hardly ever try to take off like my reaction time and ET from one light to the next mean everything. Would there be a file download one would get if you went from stock to modified after buying the tuner? Sorry, probably been asked before.
This would depend on the modification. Some do require tune changes, some have no impact on the tune. But, to sum it up, if it needed an adjustment, then we would do that tune change for free for you :) We always provide free updates, whether due to additional mods, or our own revision releases.

I see there is a Dyno youtube video on the Livernois Motorsports website, but it is marked as private and cannot be viewed, can you make it public?

Also, how does this tuner work compared to the Cobb, does it backup your stock ECU before flashing? Can the tuner be "unmarried" by flashing the stock back, allowing the tuner to be sold and used by another? Is there a way to backup the stock ECU to a computer for safe keeping?

My car is only 2 weeks and 1600 miles old, I wanted to get some more time in the drivers seat before modding/tuning, but this is may be hard to resist, especially considering you are local for me!

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
It should back up your stock strategy and allow you to store 4-5 additional tunes...you can unmarry it and return the car back to stock.

guys just wanted to update you, we still are a few shy of the group buy number. I don't want anyone to miss out on this one time deal!
If this is a one time only deal that would just stink for me! I'm moving to Florida this coming week and have to hold off getting it for another couple weeks, by then I'll miss this deal! I really like everything I've read about this company, there previous work and especially this tune!

This is the time I am going to go with once I have the funds for it in a month. Any updates on how the tunes are reacting from the various drivers who have it? I know one person let us know but I'm hoping to hear from server all people to see how it was works out.

It should back up your stock strategy and allow you to store 4-5 additional tunes...you can unmarry it and return the car back to stock.
Do you know if once it is "unmarried", is it still VIN locked so it cant be uninstalled and sold if I want to switch tuning options down the road?

I see there is a Dyno youtube video on the Livernois Motorsports website, but it is marked as private and cannot be viewed, can you make it public?

Also, how does this tuner work compared to the Cobb, does it backup your stock ECU before flashing? Can the tuner be "unmarried" by flashing the stock back, allowing the tuner to be sold and used by another? Is there a way to backup the stock ECU to a computer for safe keeping?

My car is only 2 weeks and 1600 miles old, I wanted to get some more time in the drivers seat before modding/tuning, but this is may be hard to resist, especially considering you are local for me!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttlUR-9gPZQ&list=UUCvxPi0ygBM4BA7QsduHeLw&feature=share&index=4

We actually pre-load the stock file onto it, which gives us a unique advantage. Lets say Ford pushes out a revision to help various aspects of the car, but you haven't been to the dealer to get them. We update you to the latest ford software, and base our tune on that. It also then lets you flash the stock, updated tune, back into it if you ever needed to go back to stock.

It does hold up to 4 tunes, plus stock, but it does marry itself to the car. Meaning you could use it on that car again later, but if you bought, say, a 15 and wanted to transfer it to the new car, you would need to contact us, we have programs for just about any scenario you could think of.

If this is a one time only deal that would just stink for me! I'm moving to Florida this coming week and have to hold off getting it for another couple weeks, by then I'll miss this deal! I really like everything I've read about this company, there previous work and especially this tune!
I do know this will be a one time deal. We never have done this in our past, and only did it due to the huge amount asking for it though.

This is the time I am going to go with once I have the funds for it in a month. Any updates on how the tunes are reacting from the various drivers who have it? I know one person let us know but I'm hoping to hear from server all people to see how it was works out.
The others I know have it are not really message board users, so even though I requested it of them, I doubt they will pop on unfortunately.

Do you know if once it is "unmarried", is it still VIN locked so it cant be uninstalled and sold if I want to switch tuning options down the road?
It does retain it's vin-lock so we would need to be contacted to be able to use it on another vehicle.