Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Livernois Motorsports Tune +18hp / +65tq

Got my Fiesta ST tuned @ Livernois Motorsports last week and picked up 65 ft/lbs of tq and 18 hp to the wheels peak. In lower RPM the gains are much more. The car feels so much more peppy daily driving it. We have a track rental in a few weeks and I'll do some stock vs tune runs to see how much ET its really worth. Car is bone stock except for the tune.

Update: 06/13/2014
Just got back from the track today. The results were much better than expected. In short my car picked up .8 seconds and nearly 5mph from just a tune. I made a total of 18 passes in the car with about 1/2 stock and 1/2 with the Livernois Tune. I have attached my best 2 stock ET slips and my best 2 Tune ET slips. The one thing that is hugely noticeable going back to stock was the throttle response and TQ management. Every power shift the car fell flat on its face stock and just felt plain lazy. The tune made a HUGE difference as you can see from the time slips below.

I'm not sure what others are getting out of their cars stock but the best I could muster was a 15.15 @ 94mph. My best time with a tune was 14.35 @ 98mph.

EDIT 7/7/14: Video
Livernois Motorsports --> http://youtu.be/rVDi079LKkY

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Great numbers, I looked on their website and it seems they have their own tuning device?

pwnall1337

Vendor
im scratching my head on how you pulled 202 whp from a turbo that's maxed out from the factory with out decreasing temps or reducing back pressure. Even the 277 wtq is high surprising. My tuner couldn't get any higher than what I'm currently at [sig]

me32

1000 Post Club
Wow that's great power for tune only. How much was it for everything to get tuned?

OP
cmystgo
Thread Starter #8
Nice graph op, what if any mods do you have?
Bone Stock. Car has less than 1000 miles on it.

Great numbers, I looked on their website and it seems they have their own tuning device?
Yes they have their own tuner. Same one they use on all of their ecoboost cars.

post mods. Those numbers are close to mine.

He wrote the car is bone stock besides tune.

im scratching my head on how you pulled 202 whp from a turbo that's maxed out from the factory with out decreasing temps or reducing back pressure. Even the 277 wtq is high surprising. My tuner couldn't get any higher than what I'm currently at [sig]
Looking at your sig you have more HP and TQ than what I got from this tune. Looking at the boost curve from the dyno run it looks like Livernois was able to get +2psi out of the turbo through the entire curve, so a max of 22-23psi. The lower part of the map only gives 14 lbs of boost stock while the tune pushes that up to the 22-23lbs. That boost level at such a low RPM is what cause the huge TQ gains.

Wow that's great power for tune only. How much was it for everything to get tuned?
I'm not sure what the final retail price is for the Fiesta ST. But looking at all the other tunes for the other Ecoboost cars they are all $599.99.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Livernois Motorsports Tune +65tq & +18hp

Yea, they messed with the boost control that cobb doesn't mess with. I've said in a few threads now that uppering the boost is going to be more effective than upping the timing, and cobb only adjust the way the boost comes on, not the peak boost or boost held.

But... There is also a difference in getting a car to be happy on the dyno, and a car being happy on the street/track. Cars are tuned at the drag strip or in BFE for a reason. A dyno can get you close, but its not going to run on street 100% the same way it does on the dyno.

I'm wondering how they adjusted the peak boost and boost holding.

Either way, you've got my attention :)

me32

1000 Post Club

Yes they have their own tuner. Same one they use on all of their ecoboost cars.

Looking at your sig you have more HP and TQ than what I got from this tune. Looking at the boost curve from the dyno run it looks like Livernois was able to get +2psi out of the turbo through the entire curve, so a max of 22-23psi. The lower part of the map only gives 14 lbs of boost stock while the tune pushes that up to the 22-23lbs. That boost level at such a low RPM is what cause the huge TQ gains.

I'm not sure what the final retail price is for the Fiesta ST. But looking at all the other tunes for the other Ecoboost cars they are all $599.99.
So you paid $599? If so that seems like a good deal since a cobb unit with OTS tune is $500. You picked up alot more than a stage one

me32

1000 Post Club
Yea, they messed with the boost control that cobb doesn't mess with. I've said in a few threads now that uppering the boost is going to be more effective than upping the timing, and cobb only adjust the way the boost comes on, not the peak boost or boost held.

But... There is also a difference in getting a car to be happy on the dyno, and a car being happy on the street/track. Cars are tuned at the drag strip or in BFE for a reason. A dyno can get you close, but its not going to run on street 100% the same way it does on the dyno.

I'm wondering how they adjusted the peak boost and boost holding because Cobb basicly told me it can't be done ( aka they don't know how ).

Either way, you've got my attention :)
Good info. Thanks for sharing.

pwnall1337

Vendor
I just emailed my tuner. I'm bringing it in for a retune with the cobb intake and I'm going to see if he thinks 23psi will be a good choice. Hopefully I can see 300 wtq and 230 whp. With 11.6 lbs per hp this car will be a little rocket.

pwnall1337

Vendor
This will be a true test to the little Borg's longevity...
According to the vw tdi forums 23 psi kills this turbo in 3 months or less. Hell, some of them claim to be breaking under stock boost at 18psi. This was also back in 2007. I'm considering an injen intake and retun at 23psi but I also need at minimum 5+ months from the stock turbo until the ATP gtx kit is out. I've also got a heavy foot and am always at full boost.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
According to the vw tdi forums 23 psi kills this turbo in 3 months or less. Hell, some of them claim to be breaking under stock boost at 18psi. This was also back in 2007. I'm considering an injen intake and retun at 23psi but I also need at minimum 5+ months from the stock turbo until the ATP gtx kit is out. I've also got a heavy foot and am always at full boost.
And I appreciate guys like you who are beta testing for the rest of us :)

me32

1000 Post Club
I Can't see these turbos breaking now days because the car stock is 21psi. I can't see ford taking the chance of having to Warrenty all these within the 5yr 60k power train.

pwnall1337

Vendor
I Can't see these turbos breaking now days because the car stock is 21psi. I can't see ford taking the chance of having to Warrenty all these within the 5yr 60k power train.
I tried soo hard to find the specs of our turbo and my google powers were not good enough.

I believe our exact turbo model is KP39-1877DCBAA310.82ACAXM , however I can't verify this for 100%. Ford won't tell me shizz. Borg warner is trying so hard to hide their specs that even their turbo site doesn't load. http://3k-warner.de doesn't load for me. borgwarner.com isn't their turbo website :p

I want to say the max psi for our turbo model is 26 psi, however I'll need an expert to confirm that I'm incorrect.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
The vw guys are using it on a 2.0L. The difference between suppling enough air at 23psi on a 1.6L and suppling enough air at 23psi on a 2.0L is two very different things. Also. Engine flow plays a role in this too, as well as small differences like intercooler (pressure drop).

A 2.0L is 25% bigger than a 1.6L.

Maybe the vw 2.0L engine flows more air, maybe it doesn't.

Also. Adding boost like that, a catless downpipe and full exhaust will go a long way to help. Its not going to slow the turbine wheel down, but it sure help with the extreme temperatures it sees.

That company has been around mustangs a long time. Very legit. Even if there dyno reads a little high, it doesn't matter, before and after tells everything ( other than how the car lives/reacts to actual driving).