Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What tune should I buy

citru_ST

Hi, I purchased my fiesta st about a month ago and have an injen intake and cat back installed. I've never gone through the tuning process so I'm not really sure what I'm doing. Is there a specific accessory I should buy and/or do they all do the same thing? Will the cobb accessport work or do I need something else since I have injen parts? Sorry if it's a noob question, thanks in advanced

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

redmoe

I would buy a Cobb ap from stratified. The Cobb is the best option for the platform and stratified tunes are awesome! Dizzy Tuning is great as well but stratified performs much better for my car. I started a thread “stage 1 tune comparison” where I have posted data from three tuners and the base Cobb maps.

OP
citru_ST

citru_ST

Thread Starter #3
I would buy a Cobb ap from stratified. The Cobb is the best option for the platform and stratified tunes are awesome! Dizzy Tuning is great as well but stratified performs much better for my car. I started a thread “stage 1 tune comparison” where I have posted data from three tuners and the base Cobb maps.
Thanks! I wasn't sure if there was a specific ap I would need with the injen parts I already have installed, appreciate the help

redmoe

The Cobb ap for the fiesta on stratifieds site is the one you want. It comes with off the self Cobb tunes and a stratified tune. Stratified will have you provide a mod list and details on fuel you will be running. Then they get a tune out to you in a few days. In the mean time you can run the Cobb stage 1 map.

OP
citru_ST

citru_ST

Thread Starter #5
The Cobb ap for the fiesta on stratifieds site is the one you want. It comes with off the self Cobb tunes and a stratified tune. Stratified will have you provide a mod list and details on fuel you will be running. Then they get a tune out to you in a few days. In the mean time you can run the Cobb stage 1 map.
How would that work with future mods after the tune then?

redmoe

They charge a small fee I think something like $25 to re-tune with future modifications.I’m on my third retune because I keep adding parts LOL

Another vote for stratified. I have a single file 2 slot tune 91 and E30. The 91 tune was surprisingly impressive from 2k-5k compared to even the Cobb OTS stage 1 flash. Transition between the maps is easy and cool too. I called them today with a question and I was speaking with one of their tuners within 2 minutes.

A used Accessport works just the same as new, as long as it's the right model and it's unmarried from the previous vehicle before they send it to you.
Got mine on ebay for $380 with all the cables and the a-pillar mount. Add the Stratified tune with traction control I was $440 out the door [raceflag]

DaveG99

it depends

If you just have bolt ons and want a great tune that is easy and low cost without having to go back and forth with a tuner get stratified. I have a stratified tune and its great!

If you plan on going big turbo in the near future I would use PD tuning, Dizzy, or tune+ and get a lifetime tune.

I really love my Dizzy tunes (93/e30). Turned my car into a completely different animal. And you don't need to pay every time you get a new mod. Plus you can bundle a gas tune with an ethanol tune and save some money. He has an extremely fast turn around time as well. Couldn't be happier!!!

A used Accessport works just the same as new, as long as it's the right model and it's unmarried from the previous vehicle before they send it to you.
Got mine on ebay for $380 with all the cables and the a-pillar mount. Add the Stratified tune with traction control I was $440 out the door [raceflag]
I was really wanting to get a used AP the same way and save some coin. I found a slightly used cobb motor mount and the stage 1 just interests me. So how did it work with Stratified, you just go on the site and select options and pay and they send you a file you can upload to your used AP without buying the $650 package?

redmoe

You just purchase the tune from their site ($50 gets you going). They send you a form to fill out fuel type mods and AP info. Then they email you the tune file a few later that you upload to the AP.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
I was really wanting to get a used AP the same way and save some coin. I found a slightly used cobb motor mount and the stage 1 just interests me. So how did it work with Stratified, you just go on the site and select options and pay and they send you a file you can upload to your used AP without buying the $650 package?
What [MENTION=9199]redmoe[/MENTION] said. I suggest getting Stratified’s $10 traction control add-on, and if you have any stations nearby that sell E85- I’d consider getting an E30 tune as well. Feel free to PM me if you have further questions.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Double post.