Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Blown PumaSpeed turbo

Trader history for JohnzyST (0)

I agree with this comment^^^. Then again the puma turbos are using the same thrust bearing that we all currently have stock.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
JohnzyST
Thread Starter #23
I think they are being pushed to their limits for their architecture type...this is why I keep telling g peeps to not run the turbos on the ragged edge just to get that infamous 300whp.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
My turbo was only making 260 on 91. I had Adam tune my car to be as safe as possible because I knew I’d be doing 2/3 hot laps on track beating on the car.
I say this turbo is poorly engineered, with cheap parts. Puma speed advertises track proven, and my turbo didn’t make it pasted 1 track day. I had this turbo on my car for about 10k and daily drive the car with no problems. I do drive like a grandpa on the street tho. lol

OP
JohnzyST
Thread Starter #24
Our stock turbos are being pushed to their limits and I havent ever heard of a stock turbo blowing up.
Exactly! I haven’t heard of or seen one blown oem turbo. Someone has to be using cheap parts, or cutting corners.

OP
JohnzyST
Thread Starter #25
I agree with this comment^^^. Then again the puma turbos are using the same thrust bearing that we all currently have stock.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I’ve spoke to a few other people whose turbo has failed them. No ones was due to bearing wear or failure. All have been turbine shaft shearing and flying out of the exhaust like mine. This was a blessing because a bearing would cause the turbo to eat it self and make its way into my engine damaging more parts.

OP
JohnzyST
Thread Starter #29
These is the email pumaspeed sent me and who to contact.

"Hi Johnathan,

We are happy to look at the X37 here and assist in getting the turbo repaired. If you can send this to the address below for the attention of Jason or myself, we will pass this across the development team. They will look at the internals to verify what has caused the turbo to fail, there may be some costs for parts to be recovered, however as tony has previously mentioned this will be done at a nil labour charge and also the parts at cost price at around £250.

Have you thought of upgrading to the X47R, which is our new turbo that whilst the team have the turbo’s out we could get this machined and the internals replaced to the X47R for an additional £75, so this being a total cost of £325? , this is just a thought for you.

Regards

Stuart Aldis

Sales & Operations

Pumaspeed

Church House

178 Batley Road

Wakefield

WF2 0AJ

Tel: 01924 360260/002

Web: http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/

E-Mail: stuart@pumaspeed.co.uk"

For the purchaser of this...

Will you update this thread with your experience with Pumaspeed once all is said and done and you have the turbo back?

It would be very interesting and informative to hear what they have to say as to the cause of the failure. It would also be great to hear first hand on turn around time as well as how well they take care of you.

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

OP
JohnzyST
Thread Starter #31
For the purchaser of this...

Will you update this thread with your experience with Pumaspeed once all is said and done and you have the turbo back?

It would be very interesting and informative to hear what they have to say as to the cause of the failure. It would also be great to hear first hand on turn around time as well as how well they take care of you.

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Im also curious

these is the email pumaspeed sent me and who to contact.

"hi johnathan,

we are happy to look at the x37 here and assist in getting the turbo repaired. If you can send this to the address below for the attention of jason or myself, we will pass this across the development team. They will look at the internals to verify what has caused the turbo to fail, there may be some costs for parts to be recovered, however as tony has previously mentioned this will be done at a nil labour charge and also the parts at cost price at around £250.

Have you thought of upgrading to the x47r, which is our new turbo that whilst the team have the turbo’s out we could get this machined and the internals replaced to the x47r for an additional £75, so this being a total cost of £325? , this is just a thought for you.

Regards

stuart aldis

sales & operations

pumaspeed
£250 = $352 us
£325 = $458 us

OP
JohnzyST
Thread Starter #37
Price drop. 500+shipping and fees. I also have a milltek catleas DP with a bung for a A/F gauge and FS werk intake.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
This a great price even though it will need some service! If I didn't already have my Garrett in my basement id have gone this route! GLWS! This is a great way to save some money for anyone who is on a budget/frugal ! [loveboost]

OP
JohnzyST
Thread Starter #40
Did you ever get a shipping quote to puma speed?
I should be the same way they do there regular X47 turbo purchase, where they send you a shipping slip to send in your stock turbo. So i believe that it is included in the price like it is in the x47.

Ford Community Posts