Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Shift Light?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Great post, I have that same shift light, had it in several cars, absolutely love it and never use the tach when installed.

I set up 3 RPM values.

1) 200 under redline, I use it to float at that RPM on track when it is best to hold RPM for a short bit instead of up and downshifting in close sequence, safer and faster in some situations.

2) Redline

3) 200 over redline, this light reacts very quickly, when downshift I can see immediately when letting out the clutch and dump it back in if it lights up, I can do this so fast I never do a money shift;)

Mine is silver, wish it was black, might have to wrap or paint it.

Love this shift light, but do I understand the installation comments noted in this thread are that you have to cut in to your big main factory wiring harness? That makes me cringe, are there any other ways now that it is four years later?

Also, I already run an Accessport while driving mounted on my A-pillar, so the OBD2 port is in use. I know the AP has a supposed "shift light" but I don't see it well enough at the track on a sunny day.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
It is only one wire and it is right at the connector.
The wire is exposed so you don't actually cut open the harness.
If when this install is done, you solder the connections, the likelihood of failure is minimal.

Dave

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Old thread!
I painted my silver shift light black and have it on the left of the Nav screen by the AP so both in the same area. I prefer to not have things to close to the window in case I leave it down, less chance of being snatched.

I hooked it up but it never worked right then just got busy with other things, forgot all about the 9117 module, have one now, will install when I replace the engine this fall.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I prefer to not have things to close to the window in case I leave it down, less chance of being snatched.
I just never leave my windows open. LOL

Dave

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I have two big dogs with me when not to hot out, why I have a sunroof but still have to leave the windows down quite a bit. I also drive with the windows down as much as I can, even did tuning runs in 118 degree AZ heat with them down once time, that was a bit warm:)

I tried using the AP shift light, worthless to my old eyes, the one we both use makes things so much easier to drive fast in any situation, requiring shifts that is.