Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Revo Turbo

jeff

2000 Post Club
The tester can answer specific questions as I'm just reposting from facebook. Here's the dyno graph, tester was using E54 for fuel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for that. The X47 made 304/344 on a Dynojet on e30. So factor in e54 vs. e30 and heartbreaker vs. dynojet it sounds like the two turbos are pretty similar. I look forward to hearing more, this looks like a fantastic option!

Thanks for that. The X47 made 304/344 on a Dynojet on e30. So factor in e54 vs. e30 and heartbreaker vs. dynojet it sounds like the two turbos are pretty similar. I look forward to hearing more, this looks like a fantastic option!
Mine is going in next week. Just waiting on a couple of parts, and aux fuel setup. I will post my results here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

jeff

2000 Post Club
Mine is going in next week. Just waiting on a couple of parts, and aux fuel setup. I will post my results here.

I'm contemplating aux fuel myself, 25hp isn't bad for $800. Recently an X47 did 332/350 on aux fuel and e50 on a dynojet for comparison.

I look forward to your results.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
my conversation with Jesse

seems like most people were saying 10-14% less than a dynojet
which would put it in and around the 330-340 range

308 + 10% = 338, which is exactly what the vdyno showed

it's a great first result. literally the first one!

A few tips from my install:

• Assembled manifold/turbo will not slip in between engine and firewall. I had to lower turbo separately in first, then the manifold. Bolt up manifold (snug, not torqued), then turbo to manifold. I didn't have to remove my mountune catted downpipe.
  • Check for contact between the top of one of the raised, unused, lower-engine-case bolt-hole and the bottom the Revo/TT compressor housing. I bolted the turbo to the manifold and loosened the manifold-to-engine nuts so I could use/fit a hand file to chamfer the top corner of the unused raised bolt hole.
  • Replace the Revo supplied WG actuator with Tune+ spec Turbosmart actuator while the turbo is out. My Tuner noted the supplied actuator is inconsistent and couldn't hold boost. The Turbosmart is also physically smaller and allows more clearance to the 3" intake elbow.
  • The supplied aluminum hot-side charge pipe clears my Pierce lower 2-point brace perfectly.

As @Ron@woosh said, well thought out quality. Thanks again Ron, for bringing Revo/TT Stateside!

• Assembled manifold/turbo will not slip in between engine and firewall. I had to lower turbo separately in first, then the manifold. Bolt up manifold (snug, not torqued), then turbo to manifold. I didn't have to remove my mountune catted downpipe.
  • Check for contact between the top of one of the raised, unused, lower-engine-case bolt-hole and the bottom the Revo/TT compressor housing. I bolted the turbo to the manifold and loosened the manifold-to-engine nuts so I could use/fit a hand file to chamfer the top corner of the unused raised bolt hole.
  • Replace the Revo supplied WG actuator with Tune+ spec Turbosmart actuator while the turbo is out. My Tuner noted the supplied actuator is inconsistent and couldn't hold boost. The Turbosmart is also physically smaller and allows more clearance to the 3" intake elbow.
  • The supplied aluminum hot-side charge pipe clears my Pierce lower 2-point brace perfectly.

As @Ron@woosh said, well thought out quality. Thanks again Ron, for bringing Revo/TT Stateside!
Good tips. I just installed mine today and didn't notice the clearance issue with that raised lug. I'll have to address that tomorrow.

I installed my turbo and manifold as one unit with no problems. I didn't have either of the two silicone hoses attached though. I also didn't have the vacuum lines or the vacuum control solenoid attached. Perhaps that's why I had plenty of room.

Here's a couple of pics of the boss that D-resonant noted that is making contact.

Thanks for the heads up D.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Any updates from anyone and their setups?
sadly the majority of the activity is on FB

I can say the revo kit is a huge success so far, there is a waiting list for more stock to arrive. We've cleaned out revo UK's inventory
Turbo Technics is building more kits for us now....

A7xogg

sadly the majority of the activity is on FB

I can say the revo kit is a huge success so far, there is a waiting list for more stock to arrive. We've cleaned out revo UK's inventory
Turbo Technics is building more kits for us now....
I noticed Facebook became the new forums a few years ago! I don't like it

Excuse my lack of FB prowess, but where on there is the information haha? I don't have an FB account, but would like to read the info if I could.

Thanks

Any updates from anyone and their setups?
I am nearing completion on an E54 tune on the Revo with auxiliary fuel. Should be done this next week. I will post some great comparison v-dyno graphs as soon as it's done.

I have nearly stock charts, stock tuned, stock with E30, X37 on 91, X37 on E30, Revo on 91, Revo on aux fuel and e54.

I can tell you that the Revo turbo is fantastic!

I don't get the high numbers that pretty much everyone else posts due to my high elevation. However, the results are terrific, and I'm very pleased. As an example, stock I only v-dynoed at 159hp. Stock Turbo on E30 was under 200hp. So, folks in my situation need to have perspective and not arbitrarily decided that they want 300hp (which at this elevation is not going to happen without a HUGE turbo with days of lag).

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I noticed Facebook became the new forums a few years ago! I don't like it
I've been off that Depression building site for a couple years now and I don't miss getting invited to play Build my farm game err whatever I always was asked to play by everyone and their mother. I'm good without Facebook dictating my life with pointless shit.[thumb]