Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Revo Turbo

just to clarify
is a dealer and I only have 1 turbo left from the pallet I brought in
we stock turbos, intakes and motor mounts and there is already more turbos on order

not everyone is on this forum[readthis]

we have a tester in Arizona putting the turbo through it's paces right now
again this turbo isn't marketed to be the killer of all turbo upgrades or hybrids but you can order it from my site and it ships today

only place that I know of that ships turbo upgrades that way at the moment by the way....
ATP kits ship in 24-48 hours typically as well
Thats fine, I am not exactly looking for the killer of all. Im just looking for something solid that will pull hard like that on 91 that I have here in town, or E30 if I have to. Im just trying to get to 300whp or as close to it as I can get, and of course be reliable. This turbo is on the short list out of the options that I am looking at. I cant afford to buy it yet or else I might have already done it. You have too many great things on the site Ron!

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Any dyno/vdyno numbers from the fella in Arizona?
he just installed the turbo and is tuning with Adam @ Tune+
Once there are results regardless of what they look like they will be posted
the tester switched from an x47 with aux fuel to the revo for the testing

and before anyone asks it's because he agreed to test the turbo, not for any other reason
but he has made statements about the quality of the kit on facebook which are very positive

he just installed the turbo and is tuning with Adam @ Tune+
Once there are results regardless of what they look like they will be posted
the tester switched from an x47 with aux fuel to the revo for the testing

and before anyone asks it's because he agreed to test the turbo, not for any other reason
but he has made statements about the quality of the kit on facebook which are very positive
There's another Revo/TurboTechnics S242 being tuned by Adam at Tune+...[deviltail]

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
If those are vdyno numbers then I expect the dyno to be even bigger! 91? 93?
I don't follow who's got the highest numbers game much because it's truly a meaningless game. Dyno= tuning tool
different dynos, each state, elevations, fuel quality, etc so many variables it's just not something you can say this turbo or part makes XXX this amount and I've always felt it's silly to say so

but anyway, in the game of number I've never heard or read any hybrid make near 310whp and 320 wtq on 93 let alone 91 octane
if there are some actual dynos, I've never seen them
I was under the impression it took some ethanol mix to achieve those numbers

I could be wrong...

I don't follow who's got the highest numbers game much because it's truly a meaningless game. Dyno= tuning tool
different dynos, each state, elevations, fuel quality, etc so many variables it's just not something you can say this turbo or part makes XXX this amount and I've always felt it's silly to say so

but anyway, in the game of number I've never heard or read any hybrid make near 310whp and 320 wtq on 93 let alone 91 octane

I could be wrong...
I agree about all you said, I just think numbers are exciting. And bragging rights when people talk about how you should have bought something with more power. I bought to build and enjoy. Numbers I feel are a part of that. So I agree with what you say, Im just excited to see what they are in the end, especially with this being a new option to the platform here in the States.

And yes, I havent seen anything on a hybrid actually hit 300 hp without aux or e30 either. So Im still very impressed. Mainly wanting to see its output in comparison to what else is out on the market. Very happy to see all the things.

I could be wrong...

Those are great points Ron.

Elevation can make quite a difference in output. With the setup I am currently running, one can expect 250-280 whp on average, but in my case my vdyno pulls show 230-245 whp on E30. I am happy with this because the car feels great, and I need to keep some perspective on the results due to my 4600' elevation. The best vdyno pull I had when I was mostly stock was 160 whp. So, with that in mind, my results are in the ball park for my conditions, and I need to look at the results as a tuning tool and focus on the gain not the number. If I was expecting to get 280 whp because that's what some people are reporting, I would be in a constant state of disappointment.

That being said, the results of the Revo setup are pretty exciting!

Last edited:

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
here's the latest post from our tester on FB

Jesse Elston Ok so almost done tuning it sounds like, currently @ 337/360 on vdyno, after last tune hopefully tomorrow or wednesday going to go get a real dyno done, one nice thing is made 5hp more than x47 but also at 1.5psi less... It feels really really good, before I never had traction problems in 3rd gear, with this last tune it was impossible to get a 3rd gear log because of wheel spin, had to go find a remote place in mexico to do 4th gear logs ;-)

here's the latest post from our tester on FB

Jesse Elston Ok so almost done tuning it sounds like, currently @ 337/360 on vdyno, after last tune hopefully tomorrow or wednesday going to go get a real dyno done, one nice thing is made 5hp more than x47 but also at 1.5psi less... It feels really really good, before I never had traction problems in 3rd gear, with this last tune it was impossible to get a 3rd gear log because of wheel spin, had to go find a remote place in mexico to do 4th gear logs ;-)
This sounds amazing. Thanks for the update Ron!!

jeff

2000 Post Club
There's another Revo/TurboTechnics S242 being tuned by Adam at Tune+...[deviltail]
excellent!!!!

v-dyno @ 27psi yesterday was 309/320 so it's going ok so far
real numbers are coming.....
Ok so almost done tuning it sounds like, after last tune hopefully tomorrow or wednesday going to go get a real dyno done....
Any updates fellas? It's been nearly 2 weeks and I know from personal experience that Adam doesn't take that long....Did that real dyno ever get done?

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Here's the text from FB.....

***********UPDATE with real Dyno Dynamics Dyno results**************

First off Dyno picture is updated check the new picture out. Thanks to the guys @ DynoComp in Scottsdale, AZ for the dyno time!

Ok, so I made some other comments down below about how I like the turbo if you want more specifics look down there or message me anytime.

Bottom line is I love this turbo, I never did a real dyno on the x47, but I am extremely satisfied with the dyno results and it is making a little more now than it was before.

Boost was 26.1psi max on the Dyno run. It was 84 degrees in the dyno room Charge air temps were @ 104 as this was the last run

I did a vDyno log while on the dyno and used all the barometric readings and exact temperatures that were pulled @ the dyno. (84 degrees) That vdyno showed 338 hp on smoothing 3 and vdyno set to the "dynoJet" mode. The dyno we used today is a notorious "heartbreaker dyno" Dyno Dynamics, and that showed max of 308.4 whp. (most people find they run about 10-15% lower than Dynojet. which on the low end @ 10% would put it around a dynojet comparsion 338 (which funny enough is exactly what the vdyno shows when I did a log of this exact same run.) Which is pretty damn cool if you ask me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

jeff

2000 Post Club
It did, dyno graph is posted on Facebook group FiSTs of Fury. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1483869495199734?view=permalink&id=1965238417062837

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here's the text from FB.....

***********UPDATE with real Dyno Dynamics Dyno results**************

First off Dyno picture is updated check the new picture out. Thanks to the guys @ DynoComp in Scottsdale, AZ for the dyno time!

Ok, so I made some other comments down below about how I like the turbo if you want more specifics look down there or message me anytime.

Bottom line is I love this turbo, I never did a real dyno on the x47, but I am extremely satisfied with the dyno results and it is making a little more now than it was before.

Boost was 26.1psi max on the Dyno run. It was 84 degrees in the dyno room Charge air temps were @ 104 as this was the last run

I did a vDyno log while on the dyno and used all the barometric readings and exact temperatures that were pulled @ the dyno. (84 degrees) That vdyno showed 338 hp on smoothing 3 and vdyno set to the "dynoJet" mode. The dyno we used today is a notorious "heartbreaker dyno" Dyno Dynamics, and that showed max of 308.4 whp. (most people find they run about 10-15% lower than Dynojet. which on the low end @ 10% would put it around a dynojet comparsion 338 (which funny enough is exactly what the vdyno shows when I did a log of this exact same run.) Which is pretty damn cool if you ask me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Awesome guys! Thanks for that. I'm not on FB by choice, any chance you could post a pic of the dyno?

Also what fuel were you on? 91, 93, any meth or ethanol or aux fuel or race gas?

How is this comparing on butt dyno to the X47? X47 makes around 280 on pump gas so if you're an estimated 338 here it should feel quite different. I asked Adam (my tuner) and he said the results were about the same as the X47 so this 50ish hp difference is quite surprising. Very nice!

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Awesome guys! Thanks for that. I'm not on FB by choice, any chance you could post a pic of the dyno?

Also what fuel were you on? 91, 93, any meth or ethanol or aux fuel or race gas?

How is this comparing on butt dyno to the X47? X47 makes around 280 on pump gas so if you're an estimated 338 here it should feel quite different. I asked Adam (my tuner) and he said the results were about the same as the X47 so this 50ish hp difference is quite surprising. Very nice!
The tester can answer specific questions as I'm just reposting from facebook. Here's the dyno graph, tester was using E54 for fuel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk