Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Revo Turbo

Just curious what everyone's opinion is on the new offering, for state side at least. I see 2 peeps have purchased from Whoosh already. Pretty excited to see how these compare to x37/x47. I know it shouldn't be much different, if at all, other than hopefully more dependable.[raceflag]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I too am in for results...maybe some Dynos...haha...wishful thinking I inow....but hey you can poop in one hand and wish for dynos in the other to see which one will fill up first!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

DaveG99

https://funktionperformance.com/product/revo-ford-fiesta-st-180-revo-turbocharger-upgrade/

https://www.revotechnik.com/product-details/turbo/ford-fiesta-st-revo-turbocharger-upgrade

From what Ive read they claim 300bhp. So Im thinking this revo turbo will be similar to the x37 in power. Around 255whp if you take off the 15% to get whp.

link about bhp
https://www.carthrottle.com/post/the-difference-between-bhp-and-whp-explained/

Another thread:
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/16020-Revo-Turbo-Upgrade

Its going to be hard to sell if the numbers are lower than the x47 and the price is similar. I guess we will see.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
It will be interesting to see. The numbers you are seeing (and linking) are with the revo turbo, intake, and their software.

I'm also anxious to see numbers tuned by some of the same US based tuners using the same fuel and boost levels before making too many assumptions and comparisons.
As said before I don't think this turbo is marketed to be the biggest and baddest to crush all others currently available but it is a high quality option which is always a good thing....

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Is it a hybrid or a completely new turbo?
this is a hybrid
read the full description. It's got a lot going on.

TURBO SPECIFICATION
CNC machined billet compressor wheel
Increased shaft, wheel and bearing size
Uprated thrust bearing for higher boost capacity
Increased compressor housing size and inlet
Ported wastegate for greater boost control
Enlarged and straightened outlet to improve flow
KIT CONTENTS
Revo by Turbo Technics S242 hybrid turbo
68mm silicone inlet elbow & clips
Billet aluminium hose joiner
2" silicone boost elbow & clips
2" aluminium lower boost pipe
Silicone water hoses & aluminium joiners

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
From what I gather its a hybrid but with a few better parts leaning towards reliability. In my opinion its a mrx competitor but that won't be 100% true until the results come in.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Shouldn't we all consider hybrids hit or miss in terms of reliability by now? I'm also interested in seeing long term results but can any hybrid really be as reliable as a Garrett when driven hard often? Serious question. This Revo hybrid option is also more expensive than the MRX (Garrett GT2554R), which has shown to put down good power with little sacrifice in low end torque.

Ideally I would like to have the easier installation of a hybrid but I suppose it is pointless if it blows up on the track and costs me $$$$ for tow, cleanup and motor repairs. It's nice to have more options regardless. I think I just made my turbo decision though. Thanks for the listen haha!

jeff

2000 Post Club
You folks are too hard on the Puma turbos. This one is a hybrid too, due to stock housing restrictions it will have similar reliability concerns, only the insides are changing here. Puma turbos: Drive them within engineering specs and they'll be fine. Yes, a few have blown, but that is very marginal and it happens to any product. And of the ones that have blown, I remember reading that the user was very hard on the turbo and spun it way faster what it was supposed to be doing.

Shouldn't we all consider hybrids hit or miss in terms of reliability by now? I'm also interested in seeing long term results but can any hybrid really be as reliable as a Garrett when driven hard often? Serious question. This Revo hybrid option is also more expensive than the MRX (Garrett GT2554R), which has shown to put down good power with little sacrifice in low end torque.

Ideally I would like to have the easier installation of a hybrid but I suppose it is pointless if it blows up on the track and costs me $$$$ for tow, cleanup and motor repairs. It's nice to have more options regardless. I think I just made my turbo decision though. Thanks for the listen haha!

[MENTION=5793]Woods247[/MENTION] The MRX actually does have a pretty significant sacrifice in low end torque, it spools a good bit later than the Puma products and doesn't even start making similar torque or power until about 4200rpms. Before that the hybrids leave it behind. I've looked at about 30 datalogs from my buddy with an MRX. Not saying that's bad at all, just saying it's a very different dynamic and feel, and it does sacrifice significant low end torque.

I look forward to hearing the results of this and other new products coming our way. Good of you to be the guinea pig, please post your review/thoughts after install.

PS I'm in Atlanta a decent amount, it would be cool to meet up sometime and see each other's cars.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Yes I’d love to have a ride thank you! I’m sure the hybrids are enjoyable. I spoke with Mountune and was told that I should expect a later spool. On track that doesn’t really matter but it would certainly be missed on the street. Brian at JST will be creating an E-30 tune for me soon. Perhaps that’s all I really need for both situations but if a couple of grand get me reliable top end, I’m
open to it. I have all of the other supporting mods now. If I didn’t track this car I wouldn’t hesitate to buy a hybrid. WOT for long stents on a race track creates a much different environment. I’m pretty sure RPMs stay over 3500 at all times. I usually only see the tac at 5k or higher when I have to shift. I haven’t seen reports of MRX failures. Are you aware of any? Do you know of anyone in Atlanta with a MRX or a Revo?

Any updates on this? I am wicked excited to see the results on this, as its one of the potential options that I am looking at.

OP
F
Thread Starter #14
Any updates on this? I am wicked excited to see the results on this, as its one of the potential options that I am looking at.
I saw someone is in the middle of being tuned by Adam on the FB group Fists of Fury. Started on Sat, looks promising for sure.

You folks are too hard on the Puma turbos. This one is a hybrid too, due to stock housing restrictions it will have similar reliability concerns, only the insides are changing here.

From the REVO website said:
Manufactured and designed alongside our technical partners Turbo Technics, this upgrade goes beyond other available hybrid turbo solutions and features a completely re-designed compressor and bearing housing. The increased housing size allows for a larger custom billet compressor and turbine wheel, and most importantly the bearing and shaft size. This allows us to offer a more reliable turbo solution with larger capacity and efficiency over other options utilizing the standard compressor housing.
Do the Puma hybrids have the upgraded shaft/bearings?

jeff

2000 Post Club
Do the Puma hybrids have the upgraded shaft/bearings?
From their website:

- New larger bore turbine shaft with clipped back blades
- New extended Tip 7 Blade Billet compressor wheel
- CNC re-profiled compressor cover to match new X-47 and X-47+ billet alloy wheels
- Motorsport Heavy Duty thrust bearing assembly
- Modified Seal Plate to match hi-flow compressor wheel
- Motorsport Specification Cut back turbine blades for high flow at high RPM
- Another very important consideration is reliability the 45mm diameter turbine would leave enough metal in the exhaust housing to guarantee structural strength
- A unique custom designed shaft was commissioned, code named the C45

One X47 user on these forums just reported 40,000+ and still going strong, making 332/350. That's a lot of power and the turbo has lasted a very long time.

Not trying to knock the Revo here, I am sure it's a great product and I look forward to the results. Just saying that I think the recent hate on the Puma units is unwarranted.

https://youtu.be/-5OJ820jjxc hopefully link works. Turbo seems to have zero problems pulling till whenever
Yeah I had checked out that Video as soon as I saw Ron post that Whoosh was gonna be a dealer. I wanted to see anything about it, and that pull looks fantastic. I am curious to see what the numbers it puts down are though as the description has no info. I am at 2800 ft or so and would love it to pull like that here. I doubt that video is at elevation, but I'm salivating at the idea of mine pulling like that. [wrenchin]

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Yeah I had checked out that Video as soon as I saw Ron post that Whoosh was gonna be a dealer. I wanted to see anything about it, and that pull looks fantastic. I am curious to see what the numbers it puts down are though as the description has no info. I am at 2800 ft or so and would love it to pull like that here. I doubt that video is at elevation, but I'm salivating at the idea of mine pulling like that. [wrenchin]
just to clarify
is a dealer and I only have 1 turbo left from the pallet I brought in
we stock turbos, intakes and motor mounts and there is already more turbos on order

not everyone is on this forum[readthis]

we have a tester in Arizona putting the turbo through it's paces right now
again this turbo isn't marketed to be the killer of all turbo upgrades or hybrids but you can order it from my site and it ships today

only place that I know of that ships turbo upgrades that way at the moment by the way....
ATP kits ship in 24-48 hours typically as well

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
just to clarify
is a dealer and I only have 1 turbo left from the pallet I brought in
we stock turbos, intakes and motor mounts and there is already more turbos on order

not everyone is on this forum[readthis]

we have a tester in Arizona putting the turbo through it's paces right now
again this turbo isn't marketed to be the killer of all turbo upgrades or hybrids but you can order it from my site and it ships today

only place that I know of that ships turbo upgrades that way at the moment by the way....
ATP kits ship in 24-48 hours typically as well
Any dyno/vdyno numbers from the fella in Arizona?