Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mechanic says 2L not enough tranny fluid?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I went with the DCT based on reviews from other owners. I noticed an immediate increase the smoothness of high RPM shifting. Cruising around town really didn't change much. As said though, when flogging it around back roads she shifts like butter.
Who's DCT Fluid?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #22
I went with the DCT based on reviews from other owners. I noticed an immediate increase the smoothness of high RPM shifting. Cruising around town really didn't change much. As said though, when flogging it around back roads she shifts like butter.
Where are you located? I noticed those in colder climates liked the DCT fluid better since it's a little softer feeling?

It's been really cold for us in SoCal with lows in the 40s (OMG global warming[emoji31]) and with the 300 fluid it takes a little effort to shift until the tranny warms up. After a short time it feels great again but I really notice it my first few shifts of the day. Definitely not bad or 'wrong' feeling, just a noticeable difference when I start my commute.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
My fiesta took 2L of Redline fluid with what appeared to be the recommended amount of space left. I was on a flat lift, so no jack angles or anything, the car was level. If i had put 1.7L in I believe I would have been far below the "full" line. I've got almost 10K miles on the fluid and so far its been great.
Maybe I overreacted. The angle would matter.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Good to know! [thumb]

I always liked the way my T56 (in a 4th gen LS1 Z28) shifted with their D4 ATF in it, and they claimed that it met the GL-4 anti-shear 'toughness' standards (I'm guessing due to it's high POE content base stock), even though it did not have to as an ATF. :)

When I questioned Dave (lead tech @ Red Line) about using their DCT fluid in our transaxles, he could not recommend it (I'm guessing for CYA legal reasons), and he would not answer IF the reason was solely because they would not pay big $$$$ for the certification or not, like so many other cases where their product far EXCEEDS those standards.