Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

May trade the FiST in the upcoming months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwnall1337

Vendor
Almost traded the FiST yesterday after I saw a 2010 Corvette ZR1 listed for 63k with only 30k miles. Took it for a test spin and at 6lbs/hp at the wheels this car hauled ass and sounded nasty. Put my deposit down to call gieco and find out I had a $400 insurance rate now. Pulled my deposit and I'm thinking about ordering a 2015 Stingray and putting on the procharger kit. The stingray is only $200 a month for me to insure.

FiST is a great car, but damn that corvette hauled ass.

Just curious, but if you were even remotely interested in a Corvette what made you buy the FiST? They're not even remotely similar.

As much as I may like cars like the Corvette, I doubt I'd ever buy one. All that horsepower is essentially unusable on the street, where 200 hp is fun without the jail time. Stuff like my previous RX-8 and Miata SE are plenty of fun and don't raise the ire of Officer O'Malley so quickly.

me32

1000 Post Club
Just curious, but if you were even remotely interested in a Corvette what made you buy of thehe FiST? They're not even remotely similar.
I agree with this. There not even close to compare. I really enjoy the ST but its nothing like the power of the V8

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #7
As much as I may like cars like the Corvette, I doubt I'd ever buy one. All that horsepower is essentially unusable on the street, where 200 hp is fun without the jail time. Stuff like my previous RX-8 and Miata SE are plenty of fun and don't raise the ire of Officer O'Malley so quickly.
I'm gonna have to disagree there unfortunately. There's plenty of use for 600+ rwhp builds on the street.

I'm gonna have to disagree there unfortunately. There's plenty of use for 600+ rwhp builds on the street.
Okay, I'll bite...what uses? I can't conceive of a place on the street where 600 hp is required.

BTW, I have 450 hp and 1250 lb/ft...in my 43' diesel motorhome :)

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #9
Okay, I'll bite...what uses? I can't conceive of a place on the street where 600 hp is required.

BTW, I have 450 hp and 1250 lb/ft...in my 43' diesel motorhome :)
This is Texas. If it's not fast it's last. I can't tell you how many times per day I find myself involved in some sort of red light show down or lane cut off show down.

CanadianST

As much as I like big V8s I couldn't see myself trading my little FiST even if it was a one for one trade. Just not really into the new Corvette's.

I agree. It looks like they're trying to do the Lamborghini angular thing and it doesn't work for me like the Lambo does.

Perry

If that ("red light showdowns" and "lane cut off show downs") is happening at all, it's probably happening too much; if it's so often you lose count, to be honest, I would hope your insurance rates go much higher, as it sure sounds like you're consistently engaging in aggressive driving where it's not appropriate. I hope that's not the case. Fast + safe is generally not compatible with fast + testosterone challenge + public roads. Please consider restricting such driving activities to venues where they are appropriate.

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #17
Essentially to everyone who's stuck on the topic of me driving aggressively, it's true and I'll admit to it. Unfortunately it's not going to change and I'm one of "those" people. So let's move on to another topic.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Being a prior C5 race and C6 highly modified street Vette owner, as well as many fast, mid and modestly powered cars a stock FiSt is a superb little street car and more than fast enough for a lot of great street fun(street to me means more like back roads, no traffic or little, nobody to hurt but myself....) I suppose if I lived in flatlands with nothing more to do but go straight.....then more power would help break the monotony. BUT, i would autocross, track day, drag race but if into that I would have a dragster or some sort, not a Vette, or for me even the FiST as there are better drag platforms to work from though it is a quick little bugger with a few mods.

My race Vette was a monster and very costly, my street Vette did not have massive power, it had a fully developed suspension and drivetrain package, gearing, etc, it was faster than a Z06 but with less power because it used it better. I ended up driving the Vette very rarely and like a grandpa most of the time simply because it was to fast to responsibly use on the "street" and it was a convertible so not safe on track as it was dang fast there as I did a couple of laps in it, once.

I could of finished the roll bar design, it is a hard car to do it right in, none are sold yet that are track worthy, all require significant cutting into expensive parts, taking many things off the car to get to areas needed....50 hours of development time and I realized hardly anybody would buy one and I knew I was going to end up selling the car because it had no real use to me.......just to fast for the street and I had a dedicated track car that was faster with half the power, slicks, aero, weight, etc......all add up.

All that said, I have driven hundreds of thousands of miles at speed on public roads but out in the boonies, up in the mountains, sometimes on fire roads(super fun) in modestly or mid powered cars and had a great time but the times have changed, ticket and insurance costs have gone nuts if you get caught, more cars on the road, worse roads in many places, at 62 I realize I am not going to live forever so not as fearless as I once was but mainly I grew up and realized it is just not the right thing to do.

A bit of cat and mouse, a little impromptu sprint against another car but nothing to serious, I am OK with that, more that that is is simply irresponsible and selfish on public roads.

The old adage, driving a slow car fast is far more fun than driving a fast car slow, is incredibly true.

Off the soap box now, have a great holiday:)
Rick

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #19
Dealer called me, they just got a 2008 z06 in stock. I almost bought the 2008 z06 (red) before I bought my 2013 LT1. 08+ got the transmission and ls3 upgrade. I'm gonna shoot for 39k->40k with 35k miles on the clock. If they don't bite they don't bite. Trade for my FiST was a flat 20k. I only paid 21k for it with moonroof/nav so I'm not too butt hurt. Pic of a 2008 z06 (orange) which is the color of the car I'll be looking at.

If you buy the new Stingray, you'd own the car that beat the FiST in the top performance cars of 2013 article..... :) Nothing better than V8 RWD power, especially a newer Vette. I just have two kids and thought about a used $20k ish Vette myself. Then I thought back to the thousands I've dumped into my F-bodys only to let go of all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.